U of I approves beer and wine sales at Kinnick, Carver, etc.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The Athletic had an article today about EIU beer sales to the general public, they included data from other Big 10 schools, EIU is the 8th to allow general public alcohol sales and it looks liked most schools reported making 1.1 to 1.2 million off their alcohol sales after it is up and running. EIU made around 250K off their premium seating alcohol sales and expected that to increase quite a bit.

UNI and EIU both will allow the general public to purchase alcohol at the game, ISU should not be far behind.

Reactions: Macloney

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Some of the more astute hok fans are now reading the fine print. They won't be able to tailgate in the hok lots until 6 hours before kickoff. Not real popular with the all-day party crowd. But hey, enjoy that $9 Bud Light.
Isn't that the same rules as ISU currently has? Lots open 6 hours before the game, and no sooner than 7:00 AM for any game?

New parking ordinance in effect for ISU football games • Inside Iowa State for faculty and staff • Iowa State University (iastate.edu)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Some of the more astute hok fans are now reading the fine print. They won't be able to tailgate in the hok lots until 6 hours before kickoff. Not real popular with the all-day party crowd. But hey, enjoy that $9 Bud Light.
Don’t believe you. Hawkeyes that can read?? yeah, what type of lie will you tell us next.

Reactions: cyfan4St8

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

A huge percent of their tailgating is done in private lots or peoples yards near the stadium.
Because THATs how you define tailgating? Anyway.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Have we gotten opinions from Ross, Lois and Vodka Sam on this yet?

I mean this is a real added convenience for their lifestyle.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Have we gotten opinions from Ross, Lois and Vodka Sam on this yet?

I mean this is a real added convenience for their lifestyle.

I'm curious as to what happened with Vodka Sam. Did she graduate? What industry is her career in; alcohol distribution?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A huge percent of their tailgating is done in private lots or peoples yards near the stadium.
Because THATs how you define tailgating? Anyway.
I’d charge $50 space to put up with the vomiting, urinating, defecating, and fornicating that would happen with Hawkeyes tailgating in my yard.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
She said in an interview that she quit drinking due to that incident.

Really, I thought I remember her partying the next weekend at the Iowa ISU game in Ames.

But good for her for making that change.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Judging by her insta bio she's graduated and gone on and gotten her masters in social work. Seems like she's turned things around.

You think her business card says Vodka Sam? Just to get that street cred in her social work?

And does she have moments like Bob Saget from Half Baked? A 0.1 BAC? That's nothing, stop wasting my time.

• Creative
Reactions: cyhiphopp