Tyrese Hunter explains decision to enter transfer portal and leave Iowa State

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Gonzaga, Purdue, Kansas, Tennessee, and Texas

That's some august company considering the season well... all of them... are having.

I don't know enough about the others to know if he would have fit into their rosters better than he has in Austin. That lists says Texas offered the most money, though, so I can see what mattered to him.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
People still on here trying to figure out a teen with a horribly difficult childhood and young pennyless adulthood would choose bags of money and Texas coeds. Amazing.
Texas coeds prettier than the ones at ISU? Probably richer though.;)

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
This also applies to football. Craig McDonald went to Auburn because of NIL and played in two games. Asked to come back and our staff said no. I've posted this before. Not breaking news. His parents still attend ISU tailgates.
He could walk-on.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This also applies to football. Craig McDonald went to Auburn because of NIL and played in two games. Asked to come back and our staff said no. I've posted this before. Not breaking news. His parents still attend ISU tailgates.

Didn’t know he ask to come back. Crazy.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Hunter is not playing very good, today he was 3-12 shooting with 7 points and zero assists! But Texas won easily! Looks like he won’t be on the NBA’s radar this season the way he’s playing!

Reactions: cyclone1209

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Hunter is not playing very good, today he was 3-12 shooting with 7 points and zero assists! But Texas won easily! Looks like he won’t be on the NBA’s radar this season the way he’s playing!
His points were at garbage time. When I said he is that good, most people on this board thought I was crazy.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Just turned on the TTU v. TX game with a couple minutes left. In 3 consecutive possessions, Hunter have up a layup that put TTU up 5, missed a wide open three, and couldn’t inbound the ball. Call me petty, but I'm not sad about any of it.

Reactions: NWICY

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Just turned on the TTU v. TX game with a couple minutes left. In 3 consecutive possessions, Hunter have up a layup that put TTU up 5, missed a wide open three, and couldn’t inbound the ball. Call me petty, but I'm not sad about any of it.
He has regressed throughout the year. He may never have been a sure fire NBA prospect but the work TJ had him putting in would have given him a shot. He’s about to be benched.

Reactions: exCYtable

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
He has regressed throughout the year. He may never have been a sure fire NBA prospect but the work TJ had him putting in would have given him a shot. He’s about to be benched.
I was actually surprised Texas had Hunter in the last minutes of the game.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Besides that one late possession, I thought that Hunter did a pretty good job slowing Harmon down in the second half, which helped Texas get back into the game. It seemed to me that any time Hunter was on him, Tech was trying to set up a screen to get a switch, or Harmon was just getting rid of the ball. Any time anyone else was on Harmon, he was taking them one-on-one to the basket and getting something for himself or someone else. I didn't see the first half, though, so I'm not sure who was defending when Harmon scored most of his points.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Fran was basically throwing Tyrese under the bus last night. Saying he has accepted a role on the team instead of being the star of the team. Said his defense was not as good as last year. Basically said he has taken a step back this year in the nicest possible way. Hard to disagree with.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron