Tyrese Hunter explains decision to enter transfer portal and leave Iowa State

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Here's what Tyrese had to say about his decision today in Kansas City.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I’m sure lots of athletes transfer for less playing time. . .

Best of luck to him. I’m sure i’ll have forgotten his name in a couple of years.

Reactions: SportsMan9000

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The odds that Hunter ever produces in the NBA like Haliburton already has are about 1000 to 1.

Unless Chris Beard can turn his shot from below average into Steph Curry level this is all nonsense. Makes it harder to cheer for the kid when you know he's just not being honest now.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
His "reasoning" is contradictory. He left because he wants to showcase his skills but he also doesn't want as much weight on his shoulders. Huh?

He didn't like being the only true point guard here. If you want to play in the NBA you better show them that you're a good point guard, because you definitely won't be playing any other positions. I don't know how going to play with another point guard is going to show the NBA anything.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
His "reasoning" is contradictory. He left because he wants to showcase his skills but he also doesn't want as much weight on his shoulders. Huh?

He didn't like being the only true point guard here. If you want to play in the NBA you better show them that you're a good point guard, because you definitely won't be playing any other positions. I don't know how going to play with another point guard is going to show the NBA anything.
true competitors want the weight and want to be the man

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Is it plausible he could be an off-ball PG like Monte is/was with Denver? Monte's only real natural position is PG, but he didn't have to have the ball in his hands too much at Denver. Perhaps this is all Hunter is getting at? Just playing devils advocate.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Would love to hear the real story behind this. Have heard through the grapevine that it wasn’t all NIL (although that was definitely part of it) and he didn’t love TJ’s style and would have transferred without NIL. But who knows what’s true…

Either way, I want to root for people who want to be in Ames and play for Iowa State. Hunter didn’t so good luck in Texas and I’ll cheer for the players that want to be here.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Would love to hear the real story behind this. Have heard through the grapevine that it wasn’t all NIL (although that was definitely part of it) and he didn’t love TJ’s style and would have transferred without NIL. But who knows what’s true…

Either way, I want to root for people who want to be in Ames and play for Iowa State. Hunter didn’t so good luck in Texas and I’ll cheer for the players that want to be here.

That's where these athlete comments are always fun. Of course there's money involved.
Nobody leaves for a smaller role. Beard's style isn't exactly more lovable than TJs.

It's just words to smile and nod at. Hunter knows it's not true, just like Vaughn didn't pass up playing for Fred to play an untempo, pro-style system or whatever at UNLV and Hamilton wasn't leaving to be closer to home. It's just words to throw something out there and move along.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I know he’s a tough player but he doesn’t come off that way here. I honestly don’t know what he is trying to say. Hope he gets locked the F down when he comes to Ames
Pretty sure he's saying he couldn't handle being the only PG on the team and it was too much for him. He should have just said it was about the money. I'm cool with that. This excuse is pretty sad really.