Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
In the last third of the season he shot over 30% (.313) even if you take out the LSU game.

Is the last half of the season against the best defensive league in the nation a big enough sample? He shot .333 the last half of the season.

The point is that writing him off as "he can't shoot - we don't have to guard him" is foolish and a good way to get burned. He improved over the course of a season and it is likely he will continue to make incremental improvement during the offseason.
It's sour grapes amongst our fan base that are bagging Tyrese for his shortcomings. These takes are ones that wouldn't have existed 2 months ago or now were he still a Cyclone. If he were still at ISU, the narrative would be well, yours, most likely; he struggled out of the gate and hit a big slump in the middle but shot so well in the back 3rd of the season, sky is the limit for him.

But he transferred, so he must be overrated and suck now. It kills me, I brought up in a thread in late Feb/early March that he struggles to finish through contact and at the rim and got absolutely crucified for it, probably in large by the people now who claim he was so bad at shooting, turnover-machine, not an NBA player etc etc etc. You just have to sit back sometimes and enjoy the irony on this site.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It's sour grapes amongst our fan base that are bagging Tyrese for his shortcomings. These takes are ones that wouldn't have existed 2 months ago or now were he still a Cyclone. If he were still at ISU, the narrative would be well, yours, most likely; he struggled out of the gate and hit a big slump in the middle but shot so well in the back 3rd of the season, sky is the limit for him.

But he transferred, so he must be overrated and suck now. It kills me, I brought up in a thread in late Feb/early March that he struggles to finish through contact and at the rim and got absolutely crucified for it, probably in large by the people now who claim he was so bad at shooting, turnover-machine, not an NBA player etc etc etc. You just have to sit back sometimes and enjoy the irony on this site.
Well…it is called Cyclone “Fanatic” after all.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Or we could act like we don’t need him (we don’t) and just be quiet.

Oh hell no Hilton will boo him hard hopefully the student section throws lot's of fake dollar bills in the air when he is announced or shooting free throws.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Why would you wish that on a kid? Especially a kid that has absolutely nothing in this world and has a chance to change he and his family's life for generations.
How is a couple hundred thousand going go to change his life for "generations"? That much money isn't very much in the grand scheme of things. It's a get rich quick scheme, so kudos to his handlers for taking the money.

The fact is he probably won't even see alot of it, and the part he does he'll have it spent quickly. Then wait until they figure out they have to pay taxes on that kind of income.

The real money is made in the NBA, average households easily make 200k in only 2 or 3 years. Millions of people grow up poor in this country without much of anything so I refuse to have any empathy on his situation either, hes no different.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
How is a couple hundred thousand going go to change his life for "generations"? That much money isn't very much in the grand scheme of things. It's a get rich quick scheme, so kudos to his handlers for taking the money.

The fact is he probably won't even see alot of it, and the part he does he'll have it spent quickly. Then wait until they figure out they have to pay taxes on that kind of income.

The real money is made in the NBA, average households easily make 200k in only 2 or 3 years. Millions of people grow up poor in this country without much of anything so I refuse to have any empathy on his situation either, hes no different.

Whether Tyrese is in Ames or Austin, his NBA future has always been in his hands. The difference isn't going to be TJ or Beard- it's all about if Tyrese does the work over the next few years to maximize his game.

So while he is honing his game, why not make some cash? Hundreds of thousands isn't generational money, but it does allow he and his family to live comfortably until Tyrese makes the move to the NBA or an International League.

I don't believe there is 1 person on this board who if they had the decision to make ISU NIL $ or make UT NIL $ wouldn't take the $ that Tyrese will make.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Did he bang you then never call you back?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sweet 16s the last 10 years

Gonzaga - 6
Kansas - 6
Purdue - 4
Louisville-4
Iowa State - 3
Tennessee- 2
Texas - 000000000000000000000000

Great choice!!!!

Texas was 3rd in conference (when conference wasn't that great) and 1-1 in NCAA tournament with Kevin Durant...probably the best offensive player I've seen in a college basketball uniform.

Reactions: NoCreativity