Tyrese Haliburton named Wisconsin's Gatorade player of the year

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
My thoughts on Tyrese:

*Forget the DG comparisons, that's only because they're both from WI and skinny PGs. Their games are completely different. (Prepare for at least 12 media articles making this comparison anyway....)

*He's a young kid, he'll add weight to his frame, but yes, he's skinny. But he's also a great ball handler, great passer, very quick, and his length is going to make him a great defender for us in the future.

*Yet another WI high school team that plays zone. Tyrese will have an adjustment playing man. But he's really long and really quick so he could be disruptive on D once he gets experience.

*18-18 from the FT line in the state championship game leading a team to its first ever title in school history. The kid is a winner. His personality and work ethic bode well for his future college career.

*His shot is goofy - but it goes in. Yes the release is low and it may even be a bit two handed, but you leave him open from 3 and he can make them. 18-18 from the FT too (85% for the year I think). A great ball handler who is clutch from the line and makes open shots? Sounds good to em.

*I wonder if Prohm/coaching staff attempts to alter his shot? Would be a good question.

So will he see the court next year? If Babb has injury issues we'll need someone to handle the ball if Wigginton is going to put up 8 TOs a game at PG. We might need Tyrese more than you think. Hopefully he and Conditt live in the weight room and eat 10k calories a day!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My thoughts on Tyrese:

*Forget the DG comparisons, that's only because they're both from WI and skinny PGs. Their games are completely different. (Prepare for at least 12 media articles making this comparison anyway....)

*He's a young kid, he'll add weight to his frame, but yes, he's skinny. But he's also a great ball handler, great passer, very quick, and his length is going to make him a great defender for us in the future.

*Yet another WI high school team that plays zone. Tyrese will have an adjustment playing man. But he's really long and really quick so he could be disruptive on D once he gets experience.

*18-18 from the FT line in the state championship game leading a team to its first ever title in school history. The kid is a winner. His personality and work ethic bode well for his future college career.

*His shot is goofy - but it goes in. Yes the release is low and it may even be a bit two handed, but you leave him open from 3 and he can make them. 18-18 from the FT too (85% for the year I think). A great ball handler who is clutch from the line and makes open shots? Sounds good to em.

*I wonder if Prohm/coaching staff attempts to alter his shot? Would be a good question.

So will he see the court next year? If Babb has injury issues we'll need someone to handle the ball if Wigginton is going to put up 8 TOs a game at PG. We might need Tyrese more than you think. Hopefully he and Conditt live in the weight room and eat 10k calories a day!

With all due respect to our team this year, if Coach Prohm is going to play some zone (and he's shown some of it all three years), it'd be nice to have someone with experience playing it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron