Tyrese Haliburton named Wisconsin's Gatorade player of the year

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Tyrese's doing okay (hits a 3-shot at the half as Oshkosh pulls ahead 26-20). Teammate
Quincy Anderson is a guard who has some really nice moves, steal. Surprised he hasn't gotten much attention.

• Informative
Reactions: clone4life82

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Is Tyrese good enough to give us good minutes next year?

You know I could see a redshirt but not likely. I don't know where he'd get minutes other than blowouts early and if he shows promise and progress doing the season. He is skinny but VERY active and a great defender (for high school). Good vision (leads to assists) and outside shot. Tough to get minutes I think with the players lined up with experience.

On edit: He just stole the ball ran the length of the floor dribbled behind back and went in to score. Cool. Followed by another nice score and one. Really getting going with 14 points. perfect from FT line with six?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Guy looks pretty good to me, even if he is a little skinny

Didn't exactly dominate the first half but you can see how smooth he is and some of his passing was real impressive. They rely too much on what he's doing and Brookfield had better ball movement.

Not sure what the plan is for him but with some bulk he might be a nice player.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Didn't exactly dominate the first half but you can see how smooth he is and some of his passing was real impressive. They rely too much on what he's doing and Brookfield had better ball movement.

Not sure what the plan is for him but with some bulk he might be a nice player.

He’s an efficiency player like Monte, so he doesn’t dominate so much as manage well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He’s an efficiency player like Monte, so he doesn’t dominate so much as manage well.

Yeah, that's what it looked like.

Just kinda looked like another skinny high school kid but suddenly he'd flip the ball in a real crisp way across court and where it needed to be.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You know I could see a redshirt but not likely. I don't know where he'd get minutes other than blowouts early and if he shows promise and progress doing the season. He is skinny but VERY active and a great defender (for high school). Good vision (leads to assists) and outside shot. Tough to get minutes I think with the players lined up with experience.

On edit: He just stole the ball ran the length of the floor dribbled behind back and went in to score. Cool. Followed by another nice score and one. Really getting going with 14 points. perfect from FT line with six?
Imo defense may be the bigger challenge for him early. Staying in front of quick guards and the physical play will have a significant learning curve.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yeah, that's what it looked like.

Just kinda looked like another skinny high school kid but suddenly he'd flip the ball in a real crisp way across court and where it needed to be.

Passes kind of remind me of when Kane first got to ISU. He threw a lot of great passes that the other guys just couldn't handle until they get used to it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron