Typical Hawkeye Mentality

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I respectfully disagree. “Hawks on my belly” guy will rule forever. It is as if the Hawk fans have a Game of Thrones to see who sits on the Hawk Iron dildo throne at the end. Will it be Hawk who steals baseball from kid, vodka Sam, Hawk on my belly guy? HBO will do a series on it.

Vodka Sam has actually become embarrassed from her episode and wishes to live it down. I give her some credit now that she says she's trying to learn from it and was a kid when it happened.

BTW, you forgot the bathroom stall couple who are vying for the throne.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This is a guy who would have said Alex English was his favorite player, they finished with the 2nd best record in the west and he was out starting this year. Insane. I listened to him talking about average and below average Nuggets teams for years as if they were the 90s Bulls.

It's just pathetic that he staked his fandom on ONE player just because he came from a rival college team. And in the NBA, Monte likely won't be there forever either.

I'm a lifelong Packers fan, and I didn't denounce my fandom when they drafted Kampman, Bulaga, Hyde, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Vodka Sam has actually become embarrassed from her episode and wishes to live it down. I give her some credit now that she says she's trying to learn from it and was a kid when it happened.

I saw an interview with her a few years back. She had an opportunity to run with it and be Vodka Sam for a while, but didn't want to because she was embarrassed by it. Actually came across pretty well in the interview.

It's funny for us as rivalry fodder, and it did go viral. But it really doesn't amount to more than a college kid making a mistake.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Could be my friend who was a lifelong Denver Nuggets fan until this year when he stopped being a fan because of Monte Morris. He's 41 and been following them for decades prior, this was likely the best year in the franchise history and he decided to jump off board because their sixth man was a Cyclone.
Wow, that is so pathetic and sad.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Could be my friend who was a lifelong Denver Nuggets fan until this year when he stopped being a fan because of Monte Morris. He's 41 and been following them for decades prior, this was likely the best year in the franchise history and he decided to jump off board because their sixth man was a Cyclone.

Really? That's some true ISU hatred there.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So when hawk fans do the wave next year are they all going to hold baseballs in their hands to taunt the children?
I think collection buckets need to start being passed around Kinnick to pay for the hospital.

(Fingers crossed no one dips their hand in and Barta warns B12 schools if they try and raise funds)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think collection buckets need to start being passed around Kinnick to pay for the hospital.

(Fingers crossed no one dips their hand in and Barta warns B12 schools if they try and raise funds)

Heck, pass them around trice for a game. So instead of waving and not pumping them financial support at least we are helping to provide supplies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why is he your friend? I say that not because he's a Hawk fan (most of my friends are) but because he sounds really stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's just pathetic that he staked his fandom on ONE player just because he came from a rival college team. And in the NBA, Monte likely won't be there forever either.

I'm a lifelong Packers fan, and I didn't denounce my fandom when they drafted Kampman, Bulaga, Hyde, etc.

I'm also a lifelong Packers fan and I don't mind having a bunch of Hawkeye players on the Packers roster as long as they are good and can help them win. They've had some really good Hawkeyes on their roster over the years and still do. Doesn't bother me at all.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

The "sex in bathrooms" chant is still one of my all time favorite chants the old ISU undergrads came up with....I still laugh about it. I'm laughing now.

Reactions: NWICY

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'm a life-long Broncos fan and have NOT decided to disown them just because we have Jewell and Fant on our team. I hope they both are able to help Denver become a playoff team this year. I likely won't buy a Fant or Jewell jersey, but hope they do well for us.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bad idea, it’d just remind folks he eliminated the baseball program.

You're so clueless. Get your facts straight. JP didn't eliminate baseball.

And I wasn't being serious with my comment anyway, I was poking fun of the d-bag Iowa Athletics Dept warning other Big 12 football teams about ISU stealing things from their locker room when playing at ISU..... when in fact it was Iowa fans stealing from their own.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I see what you did there... :cool:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Was that you that stole that ball from that little kid? It's obvious it's something you'd do.

So that idiot also probably took an Ohio State player's foul ball from a young Ohio State fan and ruined his day (I know several hawk fans that would love this btw). Hawks weren't even playing. That just puts the Hawk fan douchery icing on the cake.

Maybe after the game he can find the Ohio State player that fouled it off and have him sign it too?
Shouldn't you be celebrating that kid's disappointment? Seems like that's something you'd take some personal satisfaction from.

Help Support Us

Become a patron