Two things...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Of course he's a troll, everybody knows the Hutt's use two T's.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Are you an ISU fan or a troll. It seems you have very little knowledge of ISU athletics and your threads are started to be negative towards ISU.

No worries, I am a fan. Just do not know much about the assistant coaches and I tend to ask questions that would take a little research, I just know many who may know the answers much sooner than I would.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
OSU beating KSU tonight would allow Iowa State to control its own destiny for the 3 seed. Even if that happened and we won out, Oklahoma would land the 2 seed - unless they dropped one of their last two (not likely).

I am confused by this. Each team is sitting at 10-6. If KSU loses then they will be out of this scenario which I understand. But if OU loses 1 and UT and ISU win out ISU would still be the 3 seed because Texas has the tiebreakers against Kansas. Am I wrong with this logic?

I see how OU gets the 2 seed if ISU, OU and UT win out due to the whole record against each other. OU: 2-2 (Win over KU), ISU: 2-2 and UT: 1-3

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I was looking at the other 10-6 team's remaining schedule and OU has the easiest, playing WV at home, and at TCU. You never know, maybe OU will have a brain fart game.

Texas plays TCU at home and at Tech. I would not want to play at Tech at this point in the season.

I think KSU and ISU has the toughest 2 games remaining.

Aka wouldn't mind watching WVU and Tech win this week. Is WVU still considered a bubble team? Would OU on the road be a good enough signature win on their resume?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Aka wouldn't mind watching WVU and Tech win this week. Is WVU still considered a bubble team? Would OU on the road be a good enough signature win on their resume?

No, that ship as sailed for WVU

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Mangino is going to make Applebee's work OT in the kitchen tonight. He must be thinking Applebee's all day long!

h70C7E7BC

aobie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2013
Seattle, WA
We would certainly have kept him. Weird lateral move, but definitely not pushed out.
Well, he wants to be a head coach, so adding a second university as an assistant can speed that up. Also, his wife did play in the WNBA in Seattle for a while. If I remember correctly, Hoiberg actually attended their wedding out in Washington somewhere.

H

HGPuck

Well, he wants to be a head coach, so adding a second university as an assistant can speed that up. Also, his wife did play in the WNBA in Seattle for a while. If I remember correctly, Hoiberg actually attended their wedding out in Washington somewhere.
Their wedding was in Wisconsin.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I am confused by this. Each team is sitting at 10-6. If KSU loses then they will be out of this scenario which I understand. But if OU loses 1 and UT and ISU win out ISU would still be the 3 seed because Texas has the tiebreakers against Kansas. Am I wrong with this logic?

I see how OU gets the 2 seed if ISU, OU and UT win out due to the whole record against each other. OU: 2-2 (Win over KU), ISU: 2-2 and UT: 1-3

OU has a 3-1 round robin record against UT and ISU. OU didn't beat KU.

OU 3-1
ISU 2-2
UT 1-3

There's likely no way we get the 2 seed now. We would have to win out, and KSU, UT and OU would all have to drop a game. They all have tie-breakers over us. Our best hope now is the 3 seed, which is very likely if we win out.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
OU has a 3-1 round robin record against UT and ISU. OU didn't beat KU.

OU 3-1
ISU 2-2
UT 1-3

There's likely no way we get the 2 seed now. We would have to win out, and KSU, UT and OU would all have to drop a game. They all have tie-breakers over us. Our best hope now is the 3 seed, which is very likely if we win out.

That makes sense. I thought it sounded as if we could get a 2 seed with UT and ISU winning out and OU and KSU dropping 1. I knew that wasn't possible.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
Who is going to represent the men's b-ball team with them traveling to Baylor tonight? Is AD Pollard going to step in? No, I am not driving an hour to eat at Applebee's and get autographs tonight..

Also, who recruited Ejim back in the day? Was he actually a McD recruit?

Let's look forward to a 2-0 week this week and let the Big 12 standings fall where they may.

I think most ISU fans want Okie St to protect home court and beat KSU tonight, which will allow ISU to control it destiny for the most part to earn that number 2 seed for KC.

Fred closed and signed him. Fred said in his post game interview about Senior day, 'that is seems like yesterday I was flying out to Brewster Academy to watch Melvin'. Not sure who started the recruiting process of Mel.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Fred closed and signed him. Fred said in his post game interview about Senior day, 'that is seems like yesterday I was flying out to Brewster Academy to watch Melvin'. Not sure who started the recruiting process of Mel.

He commited to Mac and staff in August before his Sr year in high school. He probably signed during the fall signing period.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
He commited to Mac and staff in August before his Sr year in high school. He probably signed during the fall signing period.

And if I remember correctly Melvin stayed with the commitment because of TJ.

Help Support Us

Become a patron