MLB: Two-City Team?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
To me,. an MLB team in Mexico City is nothing but fools gold, a large population, where 53% make less than $ 2.00 a day. The city is crowded, polluted and at altitude at 7,382 feet, its 1,500 feet higher than Denver.

There are currently only 17 players born in Mexico playing today in the big leagues. Mexico is and will always be a soccer country first.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/birthplace.php?loc=Mexico&y=2018

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

And it still better than Tampa Bay draws. The Rays have been over 2 million once, in their first year in Tampa, the Expos did it 4 times. Attendence went to crap when they started looking to move, before that and the strike of 94, it was a decent market for baseball.

Plus the team being in the AL East would allow for Yankee and Red Sox fans to attend games.

Montreal is a thousand miles closer to Boston than Tampa, and around 800 miles closer from NY.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And it still better than Tampa Bay draws. The Rays have been over 2 million once, in their first year in Tampa, the Expos did it 4 times. Attendence went to crap when they started looking to move, before that and the strike of 94, it was a decent market for baseball.

Plus the team being in the AL East would allow for Yankee and Red Sox fans to attend games.

Montreal is a thousand miles closer to Boston than Tampa, and around 800 miles closer from NY.
I'm not saying Tampa's better I'm refuting the "pretty supportive" statement.
Again, my suggestion is to move to NC.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I'm not saying Tampa's better I'm refuting the "pretty supportive" statement.
Again, my suggestion is to move to NC.

Is there any data that the Carolina's would support it any better? You know what Montreal brings, a team in the Carolina's might do well, or might end up being another Miami or St. Pete.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is there any data that the Carolina's would support it any better? You know what Montreal brings, a team in the Carolina's might do well, or might end up being another Miami or St. Pete.
No there isnt any data I know it's a big area of no team though. I just point blank dont think Montreal is the answer. People have this romantic dream of the Expos again for some reason.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Why not put a team in San Juan? Weather is nice. Not much farther than Mexico City plus its a US territory.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I think that would work too but you have to reshuffle divisions. Maybe move them to NL then move Colorado from NL to AL Central and move Cleveland to AL east.

Good point about division reformatting and how much jostling that'd require if the franchise just went west (like Portland or as you said Vegas).

Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron