Twitter. Seriously?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I think that's accurate. If he enjoys it, I say let'em have his fun!

Yep. If I were in his position it would be pretty entertaining to watch that stuff go down. I don't tweet at recruits, but I think he does like the fan interaction and I think ISU interacts more than any other fan base.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
I tend to follow potential recruits on twitter. Not to tweet at them, but to maybe see them tweet about their favorites and about how visits went etc. For example, lookin at twitter before I pass out this early morning, I see Terrell clinksales has been retweeting some cyclone account who is very persistent in arguing with other schools fan about his recruitment. I can only assume he is retweeting it because he thinks it's comical. Like do people really think they are going to influence him one way or another via arguing with some ksu fan on twitter?

This account is not the only account that I notice consistently tweeting at potential recruits. Like everyday. I cannot be the only one here that thinks this is extremely creepy, can I?

Yah, there are some creeps on Twitter and likely they are on this site. Time to pump the brakes folks.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Yah, there are some creeps on Twitter and likely they are on this site. Time to pump the brakes folks.
*sig quote*

I get what you're saying but that is what Twitter is for - you interact with other people in just this way. It's exactly why it's so popular and the younger generation is all but growing up with it as part of their everyday lives. Facebook blew up when I was in college with people my age. My older relatives found it creepy that I would share so much information with so many. That's just what I know. Twitter is like that now. These guys are growing up with it. What is "weird" to someone that is 35 is not weird at all to someone who is 20. It's legitimately a way we interact with one another now.

I know my 20-year-old self would love this attention. Which is precisely why he's retweeting all of this. I get it. I'd do it.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I'm 21 and I would be really creeped out if the same dude tweeted at me all the time. If I were to look at said persons twitter feed and see that he does this to a number of other kids, I would feel sorry for him and retweet him.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I think the main point is that if you ever ever ever tweet a recruit you are a giant weirdo loser. Especially if that turns into an internet fight on said recruits twitter page.

We can all agree on something.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
I'm 21 and I would be really creeped out if the same dude tweeted at me all the time. If I were to look at said persons twitter feed and see that he does this to a number of other kids, I would feel sorry for him and retweet him.
He enjoys it. He is currently asking where he'd fit in better and asking each fanbase personally. I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement about all 20-year-olds thought it might've come across that way. I get that it's poor form but he seems to enjoy it so I don't see any harm in it in this case, really. I'm sure it would've died off by now if he himself hadn't fanned the flames.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I'm all for talking to the recruits and "praising" them for their efforts on the field, but when it comes down to begging for them to come and even bribing them....... thats just sad.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
@cycloneinsiders comes off as a teenage girl tweeting about Justin Bieber.

He is a 15 year old though, and it comes off as desperate.