Twister Sisters

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
OK...I can't help it. Have to comment on a few things even though I wasn't at the game. First - Pop. What can you say? She is playing at a monster level. Hope she can continue as we get into the Big-12. Will be a necessity as soft as Prins is playing. Not sure what is happening there. Second. 14. 14 points. The 14 points that Buffalo was held to in the second half tonight. Got to love defense like that. It will be our bread and butter. Loz stepped in for Moody big time tonight and we are seeing Jess become a nice piece of the puzzle.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
OK...I can't help it. Have to comment on a few things even though I wasn't at the game. First - Pop. What can you say? She is playing at a monster level. Hope she can continue as we get into the Big-12. Will be a necessity as soft as Prins is playing. Not sure what is happening there. Second. 14. 14 points. The 14 points that Buffalo was held to in the second half tonight. Got to love defense like that. It will be our bread and butter. Loz stepped in for Moody big time tonight and we are seeing Jess become a nice piece of the puzzle.

You aren't going to like tonights news that Jess is taking a leave of absence. Yikes, losing a starter just before B12 play is going to suck. I was just getting over the bowl beat down and now we have to head into those first games with no Jess?:sad:

Last edited:

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Unfortunate news about Schroll. I just hope she isn't out for long. She's always been fun to watch and plays hard.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I wonder whether Schroll's leave is related to the situation last night ? I hope not

swiacyfan

Mar 2, 2009
what really happened last night? i saw coach rip her a new one but surely not because of missing the bunny. if thats the case he needed to rip some more tonight. i didnt know players could take a leave og absents

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Schroll? Where, when, how did this come out? I'm stranded with a slow phone as my only connection. I wonder if this has anything to do with how (relatively) calm Coach was last night.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I hope coach is big enough to apologize to her. There is a professional way to handle yourself in a situation, and he went too far. Hopefully, she'll get past it. This is a bad time, because she could transfer to another small school for second semester and play right away closer to home. I don't want to see that.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
There is an announcement at cyclones.com. States that her status for OU is uncertain.

Hopefully she just needs a couple of days, and the leave is the means to do that.

We love watching her play. Jess is one of the draws that brings us to games. She always plays hard, her defense has been exceptional. She has incredible offensive skills and has finally been coming to terms with them this year as well. She is just a lot of fun to watch.

Jess can only do what's best for her. In any case, she should know that a lot of Cyclone fans are cheering for her.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I don't like to hear this stuff; whatever it is, let's hope it gets worked out. As much as we like and support the WBB, I think coach goes a little too far too often lately. We love Jess. Bottom line, if there is a problem, let's get it resolved and move ahead.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Jess is a very important piece of this team. If we lose her we lose maybe our best defensive player. She held Henddersn from Buffalo to no points in the second half when she was guarding her. The save she made in the first half on the east end where she went airborne out of bounds and flipped the ball bacck to one of our players waa great. many players woild just have let the ball go. I hope that if the reason for the leave is because of what happened on Thursday, Jess deserves an apoligy. Not to put down Pop's great stats but without 4 other players playnig hard too she becomes just another player.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
We have started going to more women games over the last couple of years and have seen a lot of in your face yelling.

However, Bill has always been known for this and the girls signed on to it.t

On the reverse side it now seems (from what we can observe and from what others have said) it has been getting worse to the point of over the top.

For those that have followed closely, has there been a change or increase? I mean he seems way over the top, but we cannot evaluate from long term perspective.

If so, he may need to evaluation how he needs to change/coach or adjust.

Feedback?

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
We have started going to more women games over the last couple of years and have seen a lot of in your face yelling.

On the reverse side it now seems (from what we can observe and from what others have said) it has been getting worse to the point of over the top.

For those that have followed closely, has there been a change or increase? I mean he seems way over the top, but we cannot evaluate from long term perspective.

Feedback?

We have been season ticket holders for 15 yrs. and this is the worst year. It started getting bad 2 years ago and each year has been a little more. I think part of problem may be expectations that we are now a top Big 12 team and everyone wants wins.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames

Feedback?

We've been season ticket holders last 5 yrs. I've noticed an increase in intensity last year and this year. Current levels are too high; need to back it down.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Now here's one Coach's approach to running a team (football but a coach nonetheless):
Genial coach John Gagliardi's toughest job at St. John's - 08.31.92 - SI Vault
and one of my favorite quotes:
When the players got thirsty—here was a radical departure—they drank water. "Hell, we figured they let horses drink water," says Gagliardi.

Must have treated his players as fellow human beings.

Just retired this year.

That experience laid the foundation for Gagliardi's Winning with No's, a list of proscriptions including no whistles, no blocking sleds, no calling him coach ("Call me John"), no profane language, no tackling or cut-blocking in practice. His unparalleled success is a radical, whimsical rebuttal to many of the hidebound assumptions of this sport. To see the Johnnies laugh their way through their faux "calisthenics" preceding their season-ending 61--0 rout of Hamline last Saturday in St. Paul (a Beautiful Day Drill, the Stanky Leg and the Bernie) was to be reminded of this.
John Gagliardi has led his players to the most winsâ€â€￾and - 11.21.11 - SI Vault

only4cy

Nov 21, 2006
I've been going to games for years, and Coach is definitely more "in-your-face" with the players than in the past. I relate it somewhat to the fact that he can't yell as much and has resorted to being more demonstrative on order to make his points. He knows we need to be tougher or will get eaten alive in the conference, but most of the ranting to players should be saved for the locker room and on the practice court.