Twister Sisters @ the Gophers

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Love the hustle this team shows, and their determination in rebounding! (GMAC......ask BF to give your men's team a few lessons in rebounding and hustle).

Amen. You can add: taking the ball to the basket in the event of a quickness or height mismatch...

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
The sisters looked really solid today. I was really impressed with how aggressive Poppens is down low. She was battling against some gals that were quite a bit thicker than her(trying to be PC) and really held her own for a Freshman. How many boards did she have? Zimmerman played well and Shroll-sp looks to have some nice ups and quickness. Stucky adds a lot to this team without scoring. This team is going to be better than I thought after losing all of the Seniors last year.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Schedule for this week:

Mon and Tuesday off (finals week) - coaches on the road recruiting. Come in Wed to run around for an hour (most finals done by Wed practice). Hit it hard Thursday for UNI.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Poppens was a starter.

ESPN box score had her listed as off the bench, with Schroll starting when I looked at it earlier.

Just looked at it again, and amazingly, Pop is now listed as starter and Schroll coming off bench.

I guess the interweb lied to me:biglaugh:

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
The best all-round game we played so far. Lots of folks contributed, but I was impressed with our frosh--they showed well under pressure and against a physically punishing defense that can be intimidating. We were not intimidated! The refs did a good job, for the most part, and called the physical stuff, which played to our advantage with two players, Aus and Whit, hitting 9 for 9! Thought Whit showed she can handle the ball under pressure; she did a good job when Aus had to leave in the first half. Agree with an earlier comment that this team shows more promise than we had a right to expect with so many young players. They grew some today.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
The sisters looked really solid today. I was really impressed with how aggressive Poppens is down low. She was battling against some gals that were quite a bit thicker than her(trying to be PC) and really held her own for a Freshman. How many boards did she have? Zimmerman played well and Shroll-sp looks to have some nice ups and quickness. Stucky adds a lot to this team without scoring. This team is going to be better than I thought after losing all of the Seniors last year.

Can we say husky? They had some HUGE girls...and tall too.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Schroll (sp??) just has a beautiful jump shot. I can't remember ever having a gal on our team that elevated like she does for a jump shot. Really nice to see a lady in cardinal and gold with that athleticism in her jump shot.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Schroll (sp??) just has a beautiful jump shot. I can't remember ever having a gal on our team that elevated like she does for a jump shot. Really nice to see a lady in cardinal and gold with that athleticism in her jump shot.

I didn't see Schroll's jump shot (Big ten network let me down here by crapping out shortly after the game started) but how does it compare with Tracy Gahan's?
Tracy had an absolutely text book jump shot.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

Lindsey Wilson had a similar jumpshot. I've followed ISU WBB since 97-98, and she's the only one that comes to mind.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I didn't see Schroll's jump shot (Big ten network let me down here by crapping out shortly after the game started) but how does it compare with Tracy Gahan's?
Tracy had an absolutely text book jump shot.

I don't know that you'd call schroll's shot "textbook". Someone else here commented that it looked more like a MBB jumpshot, and I agree. Lots of elevation, plenty of opportunity to delay the release a split-second if someone gets their hand in the way.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs

She is a very intense player. Impressed by her focus for being a fresh and glad she is on our team.

Z