Twister Sisters take on Hawkettes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
While the WBB squad doesn't get too much coverage here on Cyclone Fanatic, we should consider giving them some props. They are 3-1 on the young season, scoring a little over 71 points a game while giving up just over 64 per game. Coach Fennelly recently won his 400th overall victory of his career and the team has been getting some acknowledgment by the national media.

Up next for the young women of ISU basketball are the Hawkeyes of EIU. Since the game is being played at Carver Hawkeye Arena I'm not sure how many Clone fans will be in attendance, but let's cheer them on any way we can.

So "Let's go State!" and "Beat the Hawks!"

Link to article in the Rag. Link

Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Cheer loud cstrunk!

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Oh, we'll be loud alright.

I don't know about the rest of the Alley, but I plan on blowing off some major steam from last night.

...also it's Iowa

CYTIME

Apr 3, 2006
Oh, we'll be loud alright.

I don't know about the rest of the Alley, but I plan on blowing off some major steam from last night.

...also it's Iowa

Good to hear - and thanks for all the work in the Alley.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Re: KCRG is televising the game

for those of you in eastern Iowa. Channel 9.

According to the scedule in the game notes, KCRG-TV doesn't carry any women's games. 1600AM (KCRG radio) carries the games. Some games are on mediacomm television, but not this one.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
do we have to win out for the rest of sports the get the Cy-Hawk trophy?

No. EIU is currently up 5-2, with 7 matchups remaining. (Men and Woman B-ball, Wrestling, Women's swimming, two Gymnastics, and Softball)

HOWEVER....

Just my opinion, but I'd say we're going to take the two gymnastic meets and give up swimming and softball, which puts it at 9-6. We need to win in both b-ball games and wrestling to take the series, 12-9. Basically, Iowa has to win three of the remaining matchups to take the series.