Twister Sister Summary - Looking Ahead (Part 2)

CourtCyd

Mar 24, 2023
Fritz says they are leaving because we don't play an up-tempo offense. We were 28th in tempo this year out of 350 teams. We averaged 75 points per game.

Fritz said she decided she needed to "find a better fit offensively for my game to take it to the next level."

"A faster-paced offense," she said.
The 28th in tempo stat is misleading as it includes all offensive plays including fast breaks off of rebounds and steals. Some teams (think Virginia or Wisconsin MBB) almost never fast break to limit total posessions. If you watch all our games, focus on half court sets only (motion, dribbling vs. passing, how often we don't shoot until the clock is under 10 seconds, etc). In half court sets or tempo is noticeably slower. Our highest outputs are on nights the other team has lots of turnovers or shoots poorly and we break off rebounds.

I'll self-admit to being a deep dive stats nerd but it takes bias out of how I feel about Bill or individual players and allows team to team comparisons. Sitting on the court we get to see the stat sheets quarterly which include +/-.

For example, despite what some on these threads think, Izzy is not a detriment on the floor. The team maintains or increases it's lead when she plays. Would that hold up over 25 minutes/game? We don't know, but per minute Morgan and Izzy have basically identical stats. In 2020 when Morgan's minutes averaged only 2 more per game than Izzy got this year, Izzy outperforms her in every statistical category, yet Izzy was rarely played unless Mo was in foul trouble, Mo is leaving and Izzy is an unknown with limited in game experience.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I'd add Bowie back in 2016. We have some good and bad happen out of transfers (Rosie Gambino was interesting, though).
She was interesting. The release said she would leave basketball and focus on academics. Ended up playing for the Badgers. She ended up going to Pharmacy School eventually

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron