Twister Sister Summary - Ladies rout Ark State

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I'm not going to give a blow by blow here because there are just too may things to talk about. What I will say is that I'm continuing to see the good things that I've spotted in other games this year.

1. This team is moving more on offense, passing the ball more, and its creating scoring opportunities. They are looking for each other and there were some BEAUTIFUL assists yesterday that led to buckets. This is a team that shares and not leaning as heavily on Seanna as in the past.

2. The upper classwomen are taking leadership roles seriously. All you have to do is watch Jadda and Durr and you see two people that have moved to another level. They are stronger, more confident and want the ball. Their game has improved and they make this team better for it. We already know what Seanna brings. Now she has company.

3. In the past, the reserves would come in with the team sitting in the upper 80's and scoring and defense would go into neutral. Not this year. The defense was still stingy and the offense kept scoring and got the team over 100 for the first time in recent memory. We saw Zivaljevic, Washington, Camber, and Albrecht all score with confidence.

4. Some of the fun things I enjoyed watching: Nia Washington. I'm not counting on her for scoring right now but on offense she is like a water bug with the ball and on D she is a mosquito. She is quick and fun. Camber has been a pleasant surprise. She has a smooth shot and is starting to show why she is getting minutes. Keep an eye on her. This was the first game where I really saw Mere come alive. After an iffy start she hit her first bucket and she was on a roll. Hit some nice mid-rangers that will force defenders to come out on her. That could open some things up. Now, about that baby hook...

5. I saw a lot of coaching by the assistants during the game. Bill was involved, but not the master of ceremonies he usually is. Was fun to see the trust.

6. Free throws. If I didn't mention them you all would be concerned. 15 of 17. The men would be unbeaten if they shot so well from the charity stripe. 89% for the game and 83% for the year so far. Love, love, love it.

7. Any worries? Not really. Carlton was missing from the scoring and got into foul trouble again. Coach will get that managed.

Up next for the ladies is Mississippi State on Saturday. This will a test of the likes of Baylor as the Bulldogs come into Hilton ranked #6 in the country and sport an undefeated record. This is one that every Twister Sister fan in the area should be filling Hilton to make it a tough venue for real. We want to help with some Hilton Magic folks. We aren't yet getting a sniff and rightfully so. But this is a game that can grab attention and should be a fun one to watch. This is a team that beat then #8 Texas and regularly scores in the mid 70's to upper 80's while holding other teams in check.

What I see..
• a team that gets to the line a lot (although only makes 71%)
• they hit 3's at about the same pace (slightly better) than the Sisters
• they are shooting 48% from the field. FORTY EIGHT percent! They have a small herd of ladies shooting over 50% on the season. We'd best play good defense!
• only have two that score in double figures. Strangely no one stands out which means they play team ball.
• they turn the ball over twice as much as our Sisters.

Tough game, tough test, lets see how we measure up. See you Saturday!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hope the Sisters continue to improve. This upcoming game is what we fans always ask for, now we have one. I hope we show up with numbers and enthusiasm to cheer the ladies on.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I am so bummed I will have to miss the Mississippi State game (family stuff)... Should be a great opportunity for the team to see where they stand prior to Big 12 season.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am so bummed I will have to miss the Mississippi State game (family stuff)... Should be a great opportunity for the team to see where they stand prior to Big 12 season.

ISC, hope you can get your tickets to someone who can use them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron