Twister Sister summary - game points

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
i finally had the chance to watch the UNO game this evening. As expected the ladies started out slow but slowly pulled away to win big. So, I thought I would share a couple of observations that are probably of the Mr. Obvious kind.

1. We have a couple of players playing at a very high level. Jadda is playing as well as practically any guard in the country. She is aggressive, accurate, and deadly at the line. Her assist numbers are up. The other? Emily Durr. She is confident and is quickly becoming the three point ace on the team. She is showing confidence, accuracy from deep and at the line. Watch her continue to increase her minutes.

2. Defense has improved this year with the added depth and maturity of the players. We are quicker in most phases than we have been in the past.

3. I'm thinking Seanna was feeling beat up from the MSU game. She just didn't look the same today although her line was respectable. She, even when tired, just gets the job done.

4. TeeTee still seems to be a bit slow and susceptible to a good first step by her opponents. Am I imagining this? Not a threat to score and yet she still starts. I suspect a Bill has a plan.

5. Can't wait to see Bowe back in.

6. The team is one of the best, if not the best, free throw shooting team in the country. This is good as the team is more aggressive driving and pixkng up fouls.

7. I'm liking Camber. I have a feeling about her.

What's next? Iowa. A team that is dismantling UNI as I write this. They've played a very tough early schedule, but I think the Sisters are also battle tested. This game is going to be something to see if only we could. Stupid Big TEN network has it as a pay internet only game. Good luck ladies. Keep cooking with fire.

Reactions: BenEClone

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Agree on Camber, once she gets more acclimated to college ball and becomes more confident I think she may become a very nice component from this class.

Reactions: ISU71

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
TT has no business getting the minutes that she does. I agree - she does not play very good defense - she is a train wreck on the offense side of the ball. She is kind of scrappy and can get some rebounds. She should be coming off of the bench to give a few breathers throughout the game.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Been watching TT since your initial musings and I don't see what you see. I see someone getter better every game.

I've been focusing on the first step. When someone attempts to drive on her her reaction is literally a step slow. Too many times her opponent blows by her for an open shot at the hoop. I've seen improvement too. At the end of the UNO game she made some nice rebounds and caused some disruptions during junk time. I also realize she is just a freshman in experience. She has to find her offense too, but that's another topic.

• Agree
Reactions: CRAZYGREG

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've been focusing on the first step. When someone attempts to drive on her her reaction is literally a step slow. Too many times her opponent blows by her for an open shot at the hoop. I've seen improvement too. At the end of the UNO game she made some nice rebounds and caused some disruptions during junk time. I also realize she is just a freshman in experience. She has to find her offense too, but that's another topic.

She came from a HS that runs nothing like we do with or without the ball (or so it seemed to me). They are a pressing, ball hawking, running team. Watching her in HS I was a little surprised she elected ISU since it didn't seem to suit her style and strengths. However,she did have a reputation as a really coachable team player and changed roles to/from PG when they needed her to. Assuming she will adapt here to.

And as far as who gets minutes and when I don't even try and figure that out for two reasons (1) I am not a hoops guru and (2) coach can be stubborn and bullheaded and has gals he likes and favors and gals he does not.

Reactions: runbikeswim

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
TT has no business getting the minutes that she does.
TT brings the beef and Em can come in for TT. In the long and physical world of today's game thin Em vs TT, it was TT getting minutes. That maybe changing with Em hanging in there hitting the weights, working defense and making shots. I look for the day when Em gets the nod for more minutes. Its a team sport and having both to throw at opponents as needed, works.

Camber and Sofia (AKA Mansfield 2,0?) are fun to watch for different reasons. Camber is going to do very well. Like Em she has to find her role. Watch Sofia's facial expressions. Her late drive to the basket was was priceless. She seems to believe she can drive through anybody. Coach may go nuts on her but I like her spunk.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
. Jadda is playing as well as practically any guard in the country. She is aggressive, accurate, and deadly at the line. Her assist numbers are up.

No one has mentioned she was the Big 12 Player of the Week. Buckley has really come on this year. I was not as high on her recently as maybe I should be after being a high level recruit. She seemed slower, slight and nagged by injury. Mississippi State was nearly taken apart by her, and for that my renewed interest.

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Think this board should focus on the positives and provide encouragement. Bill can focus on the negatives in private.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
She came from a HS that runs nothing like we do with or without the ball (or so it seemed to me). They are a pressing, ball hawking, running team. Watching her in HS I was a little surprised she elected ISU since it didn't seem to suit her style and strengths. However,she did have a reputation as a really coachable team player and changed roles to/from PG when they needed her to. Assuming she will adapt here to.

And as far as who gets minutes and when I don't even try and figure that out for two reasons (1) I am not a hoops guru and (2) coach can be stubborn and bullheaded and has gals he likes and favors and gals he does not.

One thing you said adds up. Her being coachsble. That can be worth volumes in the long term.

Reactions: barometriclow

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This team has some good potential. Coach Fennelly seems to be having fun coaching this team. They all seem to be very coachable. IMO, that is a tribute to the leadership of Seanna Johnson and Jadda Buckley. They are the foundation of this team.