Tweets between Niang and Fraschilla- neat

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I can't see Hoiberg leaving... for another college job.

I CAN see him going to the NBA someday. I hope that doesn't happen, but I know if he continues to have success, and with all his contacts and good relationships, there will be "talks". Don't take him being an Ames guy for granted.

By the way, everyone comments on our NBA-style offense, with the iso's and pick n rolls we run. Also, Hoiberg is a player's coach, and is showing he can deal with the ego's that talent brings. In the small sample size, he is showing he will fit the offense to the players, and not force the players into an offense like many college coaches (not saying one is right or wrong).

Now, as a disclaimer (but not intending to sound like some jealous Hawk fan), lets see how Fred does in 2013-14 and the year after. That will be a big transition from the talented transfers to promising recruits.

Finally, I don't think Fraschilla throws that (NBA) out there without either or both having candid conversations with Fred, and other NBA front-office people.

Again, I hope we have success, and Fred decides to make a long career winning Big 12 championships in Ames, but let's not be completely foolish.

Last edited:

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
I would be surprised if Fred Hoiberg never went to the NBA.

I don't think he'll go without winning some championships, though.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
A: the more reference to to Fred coaching like an NBA coach, the more we get into recruit's head( I hope )

B: I don't read much into how much time the spend in the huddle. LE used to talk for about 10 seconds if at all (see KU!).

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Fred should and I think will stay. He already has legend status in ISU history as well as respected greatly within his conference and the NCAA.

If he turned the ISU program into a yearly XII contender and deep tournament runs he could be an ISU GOD.... lol

I know Fred is not that type of guy though but I know he want to take ISU to levels it has never seen before. He is just as passionate about ISU as all of us are and I truly think this is his dream.