TV provider recommendations

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
You must live in CENTRAL Iowa.

This thread made me remember about the horrid Big 12 Network coverage around Cedar Rapids. You see, the local Fox station holds the Big 12 Network rights ... but they only carry the weekend games, and not necessarily all of those. Weeknight games NEVER get shown on TV over here, and since the Fox station holds the rights, nobody else can pick them up.

And they even have a digital subchannel they could put the games on, if they didn't want to preempt their precious American Idol or whatever. But guess what's on that subchannel 24/7? Country music videos. Dammit!

Thanks, OP, for bringing this up and igniting my fury at these losers at Fox 28 in Cedar Rapids. Sinclair Broadcasting is run by idiots and charlatans! Arrrrrgh! HULK RAGE!!!!!

Yep...I feel your pain! This is frustrating!

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
For Big 12 network games, there's basically three options outside of Big 12 territory. I get the games through WatchESPN, the internet streaming, since my cable provider has it. If you don't have that, you can also buy the Full Court package. The final option is to get a sports pack that has the FSN channels, YES, Comcast, etc. One or more of them will usually have the game, sometimes on alternate channels if the main channel has an NBA/NHL game etc.

You can also wait a day or two to watch the replay on cyclones.tv

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
If you decide to go satellite one thing to keep in mind is that Dish doesn't currently have ESPNU in HD.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
For Big 12 network games, there's basically three options outside of Big 12 territory. I get the games through WatchESPN, the internet streaming, since my cable provider has it. If you don't have that, you can also buy the Full Court package. The final option is to get a sports pack that has the FSN channels, YES, Comcast, etc. One or more of them will usually have the game, sometimes on alternate channels if the main channel has an NBA/NHL game etc.

You can also wait a day or two to watch the replay on cyclones.tv

Yeah, annoyingly my internet provider (Wave) doesn't get me ESPN3 and wouldn't get me WatchESPN for cable either. Of course neither does Dish or DirectTV. I'll probably try to see who has those regional-type sports channels available.

Help Support Us

Become a patron