*** Tuesday at the movies ***

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I'm thinking of starting a new weekly thread called Tuesday at the movies, depending on how well this first one goes over. So let's start.

What is your favorite Nicole Kidman movie?

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was sitting in the movie theater and I actually couldn't name a movie I've watched all the way through that starred Nicole Kidman, other than Eyes Wide Shut and Cold Mountain. I didn't remember that she was in Days of Thunder for some reason.

I'd have to say Cold Mountain is my favorite movie that she was in but that's more because of Renee Zellweger's performance than Kidman's.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Love this idea. Kidman is a tough one to start with for me, not a huge fan to begin with. My favorite movie she's been in is probably 'Lion', but I don't really think of that as a Kidman movie. 'The Goldfinch' is one of my favorite books, but I haven't seen the movie out of fear that I'll be horrified at the adaptation. So being a history geek I'm going to go with...

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Love this idea. Kidman is a tough one to start with for me, not a huge fan to begin with. My favorite movie she's been in is probably 'Lion', but I don't really think of that as a Kidman movie. 'The Goldfinch' is one of my favorite books, but I haven't seen the movie out of fear that I'll be horrified at the adaptation. So being a history geek I'm going to go with...

Goldfinch is awful. Do not watch.

Reactions: LowOverhead

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Eyes Wide Shut is a masterpiece that wasn't appreciated until years later, like many Kubrick movies.

I sat in the theater and endured some morons laughing about how bad it was, specifically every time the piano keys hit which is one of my favorite things about the movie. I'm not sure what they were expecting, Days of Thunder 2? The people I was with all thought it was jaw dropping brilliant but it flew over the head of most people pretty obviously.

Reactions: gipper2001

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Of her movies I've actually seen, To Die For was one hell of a role for her.

I'll also throw The Peacemaker out there. Not saying it was any kind of award winner, but it was a good "turn your brain off" entertainment kind of movie. Also served as a study movie while I was in college.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Of her movies I've actually seen, To Die For was one hell of a role for her.

I'll also throw The Peacemaker out there. Not saying it was any kind of award winner, but it was a good "turn your brain off" entertainment kind of movie. Also served as a study movie while I was in college.
'To Die For' was great.

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm thinking of starting a new weekly thread called Tuesday at the movies, depending on how well this first one goes over. So let's start.

Another way you could take this is like how several movie podcasts I enjoy do things. Pick a certain movie each week and let posters give thoughts, favorite lines if possible show a youtube clip etc.

Reactions: cyclones500

Help Support Us

Become a patron