Tsalmpouris not coming back

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
sincere question, how does a guy go pro when he can't get playing time on his college team?

He didn't start for the Greek National U-19 team in the game I saw . . . because they had a bigger, better guy ahead of him.

Yet, even though we didn't see much progress in the last year or so (which makes you wonder how much Hoiberg actually coached him in practice), I think he has a much higher upside that the "typical" seven-footer, particularly with his passing ability. Here's hoping that he is able to make the next step successfully and become a pro who turns some heads.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
sincere question, how does a guy go pro when he can't get playing time on his college team?

just like a few of the baseball players I know are professional. I think they made 3000 per season. the term professional can be deceiving. IF he can make a decent wage as a 18 year old playing over there I would be all over that though.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I'm pretty used to Randy Pete's mediocrity but this section made me cringe:

He’s got a good sense of humor, and he was always engaging with reporters about everything, but when it came to ballin’? He was tall, and that’s about the extent of it.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Wait where does Peterson says Tsalm was unhappy? Peterson does say that he was homesick.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is he married? I bet his wife is hideous an wears to much makeup.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
To Randy Peterson's credit, the Greek was homesick. It was confirmed earlier last season by Coach Hoiberg. To be honest, I was surprised he stuck it out as long as he did last season. There were rumblings during the non-conference portion of the schedule last year. Question: Does his scholarship become available during mid-year this year?

Best for both parties.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
To Randy Peterson's credit, the Greek was homesick. It was confirmed earlier last season by Coach Hoiberg. To be honest, I was surprised he stuck it out as long as he did last season. There were rumblings during the non-conference portion of the schedule last year. Question: Does his scholarship become available during mid-year this year?
His scholarship is available right now

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...a-state-tsalmpouris-leaves-cyclones/31848069/

Peterson states as fact that GT wasn't happy at ISU, but I've never actually seen any evidence of that. I mean yeah, he never really got any playing time, but I've never seen anyone, especially GT, say he was unhappy. Ace reporting. Ace.

That's the worst writing I've read in a while. "If the coach that recruited him wasn't around, Georgios wasn't going to be around, either." How done we even have a team left then?! Should only be Noskowiak, Ernst and Carter using RP's logic.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Time to resurrect another thread. Stumbled upon this scouting video today; it was fun to watch what Giorgos has been up to these last few years. He's still playing for a 1st-tier Greek club, AEK B.C. He seems to be developing a pretty solid all-around game for a 7-footer.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Time to resurrect another thread. Stumbled upon this scouting video today; it was fun to watch what Giorgos has been up to these last few years. He's still playing for a 1st-tier Greek club, AEK B.C. He seems to be developing a pretty solid all-around game for a 7-footer.

Sign the best that never was...... :JimLad: but to be fair I still wish he was on the team because he may of developed into something crazy good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron