Trevor Lawrence Tests Positive for Covid-19

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In looking up the backup I stumbled on this write up of him coming out of high school:

Big, strong armed quarterback with generational arm strength. Has a big frame but looks lean and is well put together. Has one of the strongest arms in recent memory and has won ‘long ball’ contests with a throw of 80+ yards. Is much more than a big arm. Shows great touch, accuracy to all three levels of the field and greet natural feel for throwing the football. Understands when to take a little off, throws with anticipation and is a plus athlete as well. Has the ability to run zone read and is a very good runner in the open field. Can buy time and is accurate throwing down the field rolling out to his right or his left. Natural leader and a great teammate who is also a potential high round draft pick in Major League Baseball. Can still improve going through progressions and finding secondary receivers as well as escaping pressure. Upside is off the charts. Projects as a impact upper tier Power 5 starter and future early NFL draft pick.

Looks like they will be ok.
He's a stud. They'll still cover against BC and will still have a great chance to beat ND. Clemson's defense is phenomenal and with the talent around DJ on the offensive side, he won't have to do much to look good.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
In looking up the backup I stumbled on this write up of him coming out of high school:

Big, strong armed quarterback with generational arm strength. Has a big frame but looks lean and is well put together. Has one of the strongest arms in recent memory and has won ‘long ball’ contests with a throw of 80+ yards. Is much more than a big arm. Shows great touch, accuracy to all three levels of the field and greet natural feel for throwing the football. Understands when to take a little off, throws with anticipation and is a plus athlete as well. Has the ability to run zone read and is a very good runner in the open field. Can buy time and is accurate throwing down the field rolling out to his right or his left. Natural leader and a great teammate who is also a potential high round draft pick in Major League Baseball. Can still improve going through progressions and finding secondary receivers as well as escaping pressure. Upside is off the charts. Projects as a impact upper tier Power 5 starter and future early NFL draft pick.

That's it? Total chump, for sure.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

I'm not sure I like how 247 sports has gone to giving HS kids rankings 1.000 and above now. In fact, in this upcoming class alone I think there are 4 or 5 kids ranked that high. Prior to next years class, there have only been a couple kids in the history that have been ranked that high. Are they really that good? What do you do when the next Adrian Peterson comes along? Rank him a 1.1?

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With the current trending of this virus.... this season may not ever be able to finish. And college basketball could be in serious doubt as well. Players will be contracting this thing all over the country pretty rapidly.
Players left and right throughout college football have been contracting this virus since the beginning of the season. You're blowing this single positive test out of proportion due to the name of the player who contracted it. It's halfway through the season and so far the season has been quite successful.

Also, college basketball will happen this year. There might be less games played, little to no fans in attendance, but it will be played as well as the NCAA tournament. The NCAA as an organization cannot afford to not hold the tournament this year. The NCAA President said exactly that about a month ago.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

So another 3 star QB? :)

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm not sure I like how 247 sports has gone to giving HS kids rankings 1.000 and above now. In fact, in this upcoming class alone I think there are 4 or 5 kids ranked that high. Prior to next years class, there have only been a couple kids in the history that have been ranked that high. Are they really that good? What do you do when the next Adrian Peterson comes along? Rank him a 1.1?

Some kids give 102%, some give 110% and folks like me give 100% but we dole it out really slowly and over many years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anybody with "half a brain" knows we won't be playing football this fall, AMIRIGHT?

I'm all for precautions but some people at the drop of a hat when someone is positive:

1604071310369.png

I know Bucky fans who are plenty nervous about Covid but even they think the 21 day thing is stupid with the amount of care access the athletes have.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
He's the guy that sent Re-al Mitchell to the bench

I really hope Re-al gets a chance to shine at Temple. Imagine being as talented as he is and then throughout your career getting beat out over and over by potential future first round NFL draft picks.

Freshman and Sophomore years of High School he gets beat out by Josh Rosen (#10 overall NFL pick)
Junior year of high school he is the starter and has a terrific year.
Senior year of high school he gets beat out by DJ Uiagaleli the top rated high school QB in the country - probably an early first rounder when he goes pro.
Freshman year of college he gets beat out by Brock Purdy (maybe a first rounder?).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Anybody with "half a brain" knows we won't be playing football this fall, AMIRIGHT?

I underestimated the stupidity level in this country. My bad. I should have known we'd do absolutely nothing to try to stop the spread of a pandemic. And look where that got us! The flu hasn't even gotten started yet either.

This country is beyond dumb.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I underestimated the stupidity level in this country. My bad. I should have known we'd do absolutely nothing to try to stop the spread of a pandemic. And look where that got us! The flu hasn't even gotten started yet either.

This country is beyond dumb.

FWIW a lot of the developed world right now is going nuts with Covid.

We're stupid for sure, but humans in general are very stupid.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I really hope Re-al gets a chance to shine at Temple. Imagine being as talented as he is and then throughout your career getting beat out over and over by potential future first round NFL draft picks.

Freshman and Sophomore years of High School he gets beat out by Josh Rosen (#10 overall NFL pick)
Junior year of high school he is the starter and has a terrific year.
Senior year of high school he gets beat out by DJ Uiagaleli the top rated high school QB in the country - probably an early first rounder when he goes pro.
Freshman year of college he gets beat out by Brock Purdy (maybe a first rounder?).

He hasn't seen the field yet for Temple...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just hope Trevor Lawrence is doing okay. I think by rule he could have played against ND, so I wonder if he's not doing too well? I hope that's not the case. Hopefully they are just playing it safe for Trevor's sake. This season really is meaningless with the kind of money that is on the line for that kid in the future.