Tressel up to a 5 Game Suspension

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I still hope the NCAA hits him harder than that...

Same here.

The decision is separate from the case involving Tressel, who did not disclose to the NCAA or Ohio State's compliance department for more than nine months that he was aware his players' received money and other benefits from a Columbus tattoo-shop owner.

Failure to disclose the information for that long of a period should result in a longer suspension (or additional sanctions).

Last edited:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
...like being fired.

Sure but that won't happen to Mr. Rogers.

TresselasMrRogers.jpg

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't hate OSU or Tressell. I don't necessarily think he should get canned.

But I do hope the NCAA does the right thing here. Dez received nearly a full season suspension for much, much less than what Tressell did.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006

But I do hope the NCAA does the right thing here. Dez received nearly a full season suspension for much, much less than what Tressell did.
Since when has the NCAA been about fairness?

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
.... I don't necessarily think he should get canned.

....But I do hope the NCAA does the right thing here.

Since when has the NCAA been about fairness?

THIS +1000

NCAA knew these guys were ineligible during bowl season but still they played, same with Newton; "well his dad did it and that makes him ineligible but well just reinstate because it makes us money"

Last edited:

CYclist

Mar 17, 2006
Failure to disclose the information for that long of a period should result in a longer suspension (or additional sanctions).[/QUOTE]

The college players that have been suspended, has taken the number of games they played for semi-pro teams as the number of games for they suspension. Apply the same rule - Tressel knew before last season, he didn't say anything until 13 games later. Sounds like a season to me!

I still like the plan to let Michigan pick the games instead!! :)

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I would:
1. Ban him from half of next season
2. Sever rectuiting restrictions
3. Vacate last season

Not only was this a blatent disregard for the rules he probably deserves something for all the cheating that tOSU did not get caught at.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Does anybody know the definition of a suspension when it comes to a coach? Is he able to still coach the team during the week but not on Saturday, or is he required to be "off the jop" during this 5 week period, including no recruiting efforts? the same question applies to the suspended players. If they can't practice with the team during their 5 week suspension, you would think they would be less than 100% for the following couple of weeks as well.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Has there ever been a similar suspension like this before? I honestly can't remember one. I guess without examining the facts of his situation, I feel like if a HC making $3mm/yr has to be suspended for half of a season, then he should just be fired. You're not talking about a 20 y/o having a lapse in judgment. He is a well paid, leader of men.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Those 5 games should be the last 5 of the year.

At least they have two games that they could lose as a result of the suspensions.

I agree though that the way their punishments did not affect bowl games or the majority of the Big Ten season is a joke.

If you're going to punish them early, then it should have started with the bowl game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

They weren't as talented as Dez Bryant, but we've had several basketball players in the past 6 years get much worse punishments than Tressell and the OSU cheaters for doing much much less.

In truth one of them did nothing...even though we're not to crazy about him now doesn't change the fact he sat out a season for literally doing nothing wrong.