Tre King minutes in 2nd half Vs TTU

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Did TJ get asked at all during press conference about why King barely played in the 2nd half? Dog house? Hurt? Something else? I don’t think this is getting enough attention.

• Dumb
Reactions: mplueg

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I don’t think TJ would have a doghouse, otherwise Jones would be chained to it for sure.

We really could have used King for rebounding. Gave Tech way too many chances.

Reactions: isutrevman

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I don’t think TJ would have a doghouse, otherwise Jones would be chained to it for sure.

We really could have used King for rebounding. Gave Tech way too many chances.
I’d just like to hear from TJ what the strategy was there. If there wasn’t any strategy to it, then I have no idea.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
If a metaphorical doghouse exists, Jones sleeps on the metaphorical bed with TJ.
A lot of teacher's pet vibes given how little his bad or late closeouts matter in comparison to someone like Ward or King. At least two threes in the first half that didn't feel like they mattered at the time came off of late closeouts by Rob.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Jones +- was 0

Don’t understand what king did though

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Did TJ get asked at all during press conference about why King barely played in the 2nd half? Dog house? Hurt? Something else? I don’t think this is getting enough attention.

I was so pissed about this on so many levels.

Kings underutilization, matched with Jones overutilization, is one of life's biggest mysteries. Jones is awful guarding off the switch while King excels at it. King is a good defender who can guard multiple positions while Jones can't. King is our best rebounder while Jones struggles for his size. Jones is an offense black hole while King can do so things. King is also better in transition. Do I even need to mention FTs?

It's beyond baffling and routinely hampers the team. King should be a 25-30 minute a night player but isn't. Jones should only see the floor when necessary yet gets countless opportunities to muck it up for 15-20. Otz is doing the rest of the league a massive favor.

Reactions: Drew0311

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
The game changes for the worse every time Bob is in, and Tre at least holds serve in his confusingly small amount of game time.

“BRE” gets subbed in around the 16 minute mark every game regardless of team flow, without fail makes a handful of immediate mind-numbing gaffes, and is left in far too long after making said gaffes throughout critical portions of the game.

Meanwhile Shoon is limited to 20-25 minutes and Tre limited to far less as our ship sinks with Bob in. They’re both pulled immediately after the smallest of errors. Does Bob has something on the staff? Every game sans TCU he is an anchor weighing down the whole team. Can’t catch a basic chest pass at the top of the key. Can’t stay in front of his man. Can’t not foul on the rare occasion he’s within contesting length. Yet King is punished for ? reason and rots on the bench.

It’s understood that we’re short on guys with Jaz out. But Tech isn’t a big team and Misery isn’t either, and there’s nothing that could be said to excuse playing Bob ahead of Tre other than massaging his feelings. He’s an unskilled black hole, a turnover waiting to happen even when fouled, and has no place on a high level division 1 roster. And we’ll get more of the same sh*t this year and next year. I guess if you have a positive attitude and good practice habits, that’s justification enough to allow f*ckage of the entire team when the staff has hitched itself to the idea of a contributing Bob regardless strategic effectiveness and in spite of repeated failure.

Really hope he moves on after this season, doubt it happens.

Still plenty to look forward to in the future as we upgrade talent. But it’s concerning that the staff is seemingly more concerned with “BRE” moral victories than actual victories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snydes and ZRF

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The game changes for the worse every time Bob is in, and Tre at least holds serve in his confusingly small amount of game time.

“BRE” gets subbed in around the 16 minute mark every game regardless of team flow, without fail makes a handful of immediate mind-numbing gaffes, and is left in far too long after making said gaffes throughout critical portions of the game.

Meanwhile Shoon is limited to 20-25 minutes and Tre limited to far less as our ship sinks with Bob in. They’re both pulled immediately after the smallest of errors. Does Bob has something on the staff? Every game sans TCU he is an anchor weighing down the whole team. Can’t catch a basic chest pass at the top of the key. Can’t stay in front of his man. Can’t not foul on the rare occasion he’s within contesting length. Yet King is punished for ? reason and rots on the bench.

It’s understood that we’re short on guys with Jaz out. But Tech isn’t a big team and Misery isn’t either, and there’s nothing that could be said to excuse playing Bob ahead of Tre other than massaging his feelings. He’s an unskilled black hole, a turnover waiting to happen even when fouled, and has no place on a high level division 1 roster. And we’ll get more of the same sh*t this year and next year. I guess if you have a positive attitude and good practice habits, that’s justification enough to allow f*ckage of the entire team when the staff has hitched itself to the idea of a contributing Bob regardless strategic effectiveness and in spite of repeated failure.

Really hope he moves on after this season, doubt it happens.

Still plenty to look forward to in the future as we upgrade talent. But it’s concerning that the staff is seemingly more concerned with “BRE” moral victories than actual victories.
Bob was +/- 0 today, Osun was -2. If Bob is screwing the game up so badly for the whole team, then that number should be negative at least.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Bob was +/- 0 today, Osun was -2. If Bob is screwing the game up so badly for the whole team, then that number should be negative at least.
Where are you finding the +/- stats? Been looking

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron