Traveling to Tahoe...needs ideas

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
If you are a walker or hiker, the trails are rated. Pick a short hike marked as the easiest to test yourself.
Hiking in Iowa is far different from a high altitude steep mountain trail.

Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Base Camp Pizza in Heavenly Village is very good on the South Side

EEPMNW6.jpg

There is also a fantastic mexican place called T's Rotisserie that locals swore by. It was amazing. Got the Pork Verde Burrito

oJuUGD9.jpg

sIueocS.jpg
Base Camp was where I was thinking to try based on my own research so that’s good to know!

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Base Camp Pizza in Heavenly Village is very good on the South Side

EEPMNW6.jpg

There is also a fantastic mexican place called T's Rotisserie that locals swore by. It was amazing. Got the Pork Verde Burrito

oJuUGD9.jpg

sIueocS.jpg
Dang. T's looks to be closed temporarily due to a fire. We'd have gone there for sure. There's another mexican food place called Azul that I found we may try.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Sun Country is having a huge deal on flights. Booked roundtrip tickets to Lake Tahoe/Reno for $128 round trip. That's unheard of.

I've been to Tahoe but it's been a number of years. Better half has never been. Need ideas where is best to stay for those who haven't been there before. Good restaurants, good views, outdoor stuff but not skiing (going early October).

Thanks!
We just spent a week in South Tahoe (the NV/CA state line runs thru the middle of the area) and it was a very outstanding vacation. I recommend taking the chair lift to the top of Mt. Tahoe, taking the boat tour of Lake Tahoe, eating breakfast at Heidi’s and dinner at both The Landing and Riva Grill; both are at the edge of the lake & have good views plus great food.

• Friendly
Reactions: dahliaclone

CaliCyfan

Nov 24, 2019
Beautiful time of year to visit. Lots of good recs already mentioned, our favorites: happy hour at the fire pits near basecamp pizza, breakfast at Bert's Cafe (best hot chocolate stop for kids during ski season), the sushi place near Heavenly is good, and a splurge is dinner or lunch at the Edgewood Golf Course (the views are stunning, especially sunsets). Enjoy!

Reactions: NWICY