Tracy Claeys fired

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I don't see Fleck given his connection to Kill and Claeys. I don't see him wanting to replace them and I would think administration would want to go in a different direction.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I assume they waited until after Jan 1 to save the 1/2 mil on coaches buyouts. Also hope this wasn't just done to appease the critics up there who never went to games anyway.
Claeys' lack of control over his players, and his "could never be prouder" tweet did him in.

Actually, in a rather odd move, UM has agreed to pay the full remainder of the coaching staffs contracts. No buyout, but actually honoring the full amount of the contract Claeys signed.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Fleck has off the field baggage, would be hard sell for the President and administration. All you need to know about Fleck is even Oregon didn't look at him, and Oregon will do whatever they have to, to get back to the top of the Pac-12.

What baggage?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
What baggage?
Rumors of him banging boosters wives. I'm not sure what his current wife's position in the university/athletic department was, but I know he got divorced and remarried within the calendar year I believe. Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal, it happens all over the place in college football.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Actually, in a rather odd move, UM has agreed to pay the full remainder of the coaching staffs contracts. No buyout, but actually honoring the full amount of the contract Claeys signed.

That is typical in any coaching change.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Craig Bohl's name has been out there for a few years now, yet no one has hired him. Why is that.

He left NDSU specifically because he felt he couldn't get a power 5 job without taking another job at the G5 level. This is his 3rd year at Wyoming and he's got cache again.

He would recruit the hell out of Minnesota.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Help Support Us

Become a patron