Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa must be using whatever collective money they do have to pay the refs to call every single contact a foul. I’m watching Indiana & Purdue beat the hell out of each other without much stoppage.
They get so many foul calls lol. It’s so much jumping into defenders and selling calls

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They’re trending just like they were last year. Outscoring almost everyone. I will not surprised to see them get a 5 again.
If they end up making the Big 10 conference championship game then sure. Those wins last year probably bumped them two seeds

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
148 I think.
Yep, it's s the same thing year after year. Great offensive efficiency numbers and terrible defense. And it always results in the same thing year after year, a first weekend exit in the tournament. They fired Tom Davis for that. I guess the Lickliter years have given them a greater acceptance of mediocrity.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yep, it's s the same thing year after year. Great offensive efficiency numbers and terrible defense. And it always results in the same thing year after year, a first weekend exit in the tournament. They fired Tom Davis for that. I guess the Lickliter years have given them a greater acceptance of mediocrity.
The new argument is “who cares if they don’t play defense. It’s fun to watch so that’s all that matters”. The truth is they recruit a bunch of guys that legit contenders won’t touch because they can’t guard anybody.

• Agree
Reactions: NorthCyd

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Another Iowa stat: They’ve shot 40%or better from 3 in 5 of the last 7 games (today they shot 37%). Hard to imagine that’s sustainable. I don’t have exact context but that seems borderline crazy.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Another Iowa stat: They’ve shot 40%or better from 3 in 5 of the last 7 games (today they shot 37%). Hard to imagine that’s sustainable. I don’t have exact context but that seems borderline crazy.

Iowa will make the dance barring a loss @minn and/or Neb at home.

Imagine being 15-8 and you only need 3-4 more wins to assure yourself a bid in NCAA with games against Minn, Neb and heck Ohio state left...

What a conference.

Good win today as IL good team playing well.

I'm not so sure that every game a player for Iowa has a career day to win is sustainable.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Iowa will make the dance barring a loss @minn and/or Neb at home.

Imagine being 15-8 and you only need 3-4 more wins to assure yourself a bid in NCAA with games against Minn, Neb and heck Ohio state left...

What a conference.

Good win today as IL good team playing well.

I'm not so sure that every game a player for Iowa has a career day to win is sustainable.

Have to get that quota of B10 teams in every year

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Iowa has only played 3 ranked teams all year and hasn't played any team ranked higher than #15 all season yet. They only have two more chances (both on the road) so will probably end up 2-3 in games against ranked opponents. Iowa State meanwhile is currently 6-2 against ranked opponents with four of those top 10 ranked opponents. We have 4 more games against ranked opponents so will play more than twice as many as Iowa. Yeah, that B1G is such a meat grinder . . . . .
How many at home too?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How many at home too?
ISU, Indiana and Rutgers (who isn’t currently ranked)

Neutral is TCU and Clemson.

Iowa has played one ranked opponent on the road, Rutgers, who again isn’t ranked now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That metric heavily favors FTs which is how Iowa scores.
The stat popped up during the game and it definitely went up since then but it said Iowa is #1 in the Big 10 in FT differential and was +77 at the line compared to conference foes. That’s ******* outrageous lol

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
The stat popped up during the game and it definitely went up since then but it said Iowa is #1 in the Big 10 in FT differential and was +77 at the line compared to conference foes. That’s ******* outrageous lol
I think it was 77 more makes than opponents attempts. Which is even crazier.

• Wow
Reactions: Statefan10

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yes Hassel said he believes the atmosphere in Carver was better than the atmosphere in Hilton today.

Might have been, one was a blowout and one was a close game throughout.

I’m 100% confident he wouldn’t be able to tell from his couch in Florida.

Reactions: dahliaclone