Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
JorBo says Caleb Grill should have been ejected from the Texas game. Specifically from undercutting the guy on the box out.

As a side note, I doubt he's ever boxed anyone out.
I 100% haven't listened to an episode since his claim of fixed games. He gave a % of games he thought the refs were having that big of an influence on. That was it for me.

Reactions: fnclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I 100% haven't listened to an episode since his claim of fixed games. He gave a % of games he thought the refs were having that big of an influence on. That was it for me.
That.

And he also acts like he is bored to be doing a podcast. No excitement. I actually feel for Stansbury a little bit because with a more dynamic guest (like a Niang), it would be way better.

J Bo always seems to whining a lot about something, which makes for poor podcasting.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
That.

And he also acts like he is bored to be doing a podcast. No excitement. I actually feel for Stansbury a little bit because with a more dynamic guest (like a Niang), it would be way better.

J Bo always seems to whining a lot about something, which makes for poor podcasting.
NO! You don't say. Iowa men's or women's player (or coach) whining? I find that hard to believe . . . .

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
JorBo says Caleb Grill should have been ejected from the Texas game. Specifically from undercutting the guy on the box out.

As a side note, I doubt he's ever boxed anyone out.
I try to listen to that podcast with him and Stanz on Iowa Everywhere but it’s not good. Both swear a ton (especially JorBo) and it makes it seem and sound really amateur. Almost like a high schooler’s YouTube channel. And some of the things JorBo says that Stanz doesn’t check him on are so stupid.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I try to listen to that podcast with him and Stanz on Iowa Everywhere but it’s not good. Both swear a ton (especially JorBo) and it makes it seem and sound really amateur. Almost like a high schooler’s YouTube channel. And some of the things JorBo says that Stanz doesn’t check him on are so stupid.
If Stanz checked him on every stupid comment, the podcast would have no time for anything else.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
If Stanz checked him on every stupid comment, the podcast would have no time for anything else.
This is true. However, there are times he should but I feel Stanz actually goes down to JorBo’s level of dumb things to say. Like the rant about corrupt officiating, Jared went right along with the crazy conspiracies JorBo was tossing out.

I just think Jared allows himself to dumb himself down to do the pod and I can’t imagine it’s easy trying to keep that thing on the rails. He needs to watch how Dave Pasch always dealt with calling games with Bill Walton on how to keep things moving.

Last edited:

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It's the teams. If the Iowa women can put 15,000 in the stands for a big game than it's not the fans or the arena, it's the product. The Gustafson teams had great attendance to so it's not just the Clark draw but she does (obviously) make quite a difference.
Agree 100%. Iowa men's bball has been below average for a long time now and the fan support reflects that. People want to blame the venue, parking, distance to the games and everything else, when it is really the product on the floor that doesn't excite fans that much.

Carver has proven to be a very good venue in the past for Men's Bball and still is for wrestling and women's bball.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I was as excited as anyone for more state of Iowa sports podcast content, but to be honest most of the Iowa Everywhere stuff isn't very good and I think it's affecting CF content also. I can't tell if Hassell is putting on an act or is that big a douche in real life. The laser focus on betting lines is not really sports commentary, or even interesting listening. Jorbo hasn't gotten better. The other shows are infrequent. Growing pains I guess. I still try and listen but I don't feel like I've missed anything if I don't. Very different from the Corner 3 podcast with Christopherson on CF last year. That **** was incredible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree 100%. Iowa men's bball has been below average for a long time now and the fan support reflects that. People want to blame the venue, parking, distance to the games and everything else, when it is really the product on the floor that doesn't excite fans that much.

Carver has proven to be a very good venue in the past for Men's Bball and still is for wrestling and women's bball.
Say what you want, but a lot of the younger generation aren't fans of Fran. And I was told by my buddy who went to Iowa that student support stinks for basketball because 50% of the roster is made up of kids who those students played against in high school or went to their high school.

• Winner
Reactions: RezClone

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Does Fran even need a recruiting budget when half his team are his kids, kids of former Iowa players, or life long Hawkeye fans?

I would like to see the breakout of how the money is spent - I could see Fran using private planes a ton for summer recruiting which costs a boatload - maybe that way his kids can travel with him instead of flying commercial.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron