Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No one tell him why Hilton was dead 2 years go....
He’s an idiot lol.

My favorite is this tweet explaining he’s been to Carver recently and brings up the Michigan State game from last year where Iowa smacked down the unranked Spartans lol.

Reactions: CyPunch

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Yes, I'm sure his dad regrets sending them to Iowa, which for Keegan ended up with him being the #4 overall pick in the NBA draft, and a year later Kris is likely a late lottery to late teens pick. Brilliant.
You don’t think Keegan would have been a lottery pick elsewhere and not have had to play for a f**ming mad man that favors his kids over players that are actually good?

Go back to your own message board you terrible douchebag.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yes, I'm sure his dad regrets sending them to Iowa, which for Keegan ended up with him being the #4 overall pick in the NBA draft, and a year later Kris is likely a late lottery to late teens pick. Brilliant.
Not to mention, they didn’t have any other takers.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

That's good PR for Iowa but I'm not sure if I credit THT or Hali getting drafted because they went to ISU.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You don’t think Keegan would have been a lottery pick elsewhere and not have had to play for a f**ming mad man that favors his kids over players that are actually good?

Go back to your own message board you terrible douchebag.

Keegan and Kris would have been first round picks no matter where they went. Kenyon did a disservice to them by forcing them to go Iowa. The way Fran has handled them is disgusting, holding them back for his own gain.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Keegan and Kris would have been first round picks no matter where they went. Kenyon did a disservice to them by forcing them to go Iowa. The way Fran has handled them is disgusting, holding them back for his own gain.
It’s seems odd to me that every D1 school except Western Illinois would pass on sure-fire first round picks. I bet most coaches would would say they like having great players on their roster as it gives them a better chance at winning.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
It’s seems odd to me that every D1 school except Western Illinois would pass on sure-fire first round picks. I bet most coaches would would say they like having great players on their roster as it gives them a better chance at winning.

Or it might have been made clear they weren't going anywhere else.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Fran really has cost both Keegan and Kris a year of NBA playing time by making them play limited minutes so his boys could play.

• Dumb
Reactions: Shawker and 7Got6

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think they've been justified going to Iowa. Who was their only other D1 offer, Western Illinois? They ain't making the NBA if they are Leathernecks instead of Hawkeyes.

The only real egregious thing Fran has done with the Murray's is how he managed Kris' minutes last season

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think they've been justified going to Iowa. Who was their only other D1 offer, Western Illinois? They ain't making the NBA if they are Leathernecks instead of Hawkeyes.

The only real egregious thing Fran has done with the Murray's is how he managed Kris' minutes last season

And Kris minutes freshman year and Keegan’s minutes freshman year. Really just how he handled them from day one.