Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guess I don't what he is talking about
So those comments are in response to a video showing Omaha Biliew doing a between the legs dunk in the final moments of the game.

Iowa fans instantly started trashing him for it and were racist about it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa final record should be 18 - 13. Conference 10 - 10. Probably an 8/9 seed. Unless the Fran Fade kicks in. But they have a good chance to avoid that with an upcoming 3-game homestand. I would think their fans would consider this a successful season at 18 - 13.
Another 3 game home stand? How does this happen twice in a conference season? Or is one of the games the postponed NW game?

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This guy is jelly! You can tell that it is eating him alive that CSP didn't end up doing to ISU what Lick did to the Hoks.

CSP did worse. 2 twenty loss seasons is cratering.

Iowa just followed with someone who couldn't do in a decade what it took Otz to do in one season.

Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
CSP did worse. 2 twenty loss seasons is cratering.

Iowa just followed with someone who couldn't do in a decade what it took Otz to do in one season.
I realize that CSP's last year was worse than Lick - but the results AFTER CSP were NOT the same (like you pointed out) & that is what I was meaning. The hok fan was probably expecting ISU to be in the crapper for the next few years & boy, was he completely wrong!

Reactions: madguy30

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Who the **** has Fran developed?
That guy is a Hawkeye fan, I assume? He should know better. They have had players improve, but not because of Fran. If Garza and the Murrays got better due to Mad Fran, that's a well-kept secret.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I realize that CSP's last year was worse than Lick - but the results AFTER CSP were NOT the same (like you pointed out) & that is what I was meaning. The hok fan was probably expecting ISU to be in the crapper for the next few years & boy, was he completely wrong!

At the same time they rip on the transfer thing which TJ used to plug into his very good plan for the program.

They got their big win in December so whatever.

• Winner
Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
One thing is true, Fran has recruited lightly-recruited/MVC-bound players (many from Iowa) who have large chips on their shoulders. Those types of guys tend to out-work many who have greater talent. Also, in Fran's system, these players can use 90% of their work time (in and outside of practice) working on their offensive game. That's how you'll end up with a Jorbo, Dix, or Sandfort who can often shoot lights out, but their team may still end up losing ('cuz those guys can't guard a paper sack). You also have the Melsahn Basabe types who come in with hype, but leave without really getting any better. Even Tyler Cook did not progress like he should have. He should have been developed like Fizer was - dribbling and outside shooting - to prepare him more for the NBA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron