Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Since Seton Hall game my opinion of Iowa has dropped a little. The Tcu game showed the lack of size and strength that isn't something you can improve on. The shooting has been the thing that I really expected to be better. Patrick and Sandfort have to hit at a much higher clip from outside and ft shooting from everyone needs to improve. I'd really like to see more Bowen he's much more of a creator than Ulis

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I love to bring this up because it’s so humorous but in 2025 Iowa will have 4 players on the roster that are legacies.

Pryce Sandfort
Luke Wieskamp
Jack McCaffery
Cooper Koch

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Since Seton Hall game my opinion of Iowa has dropped a little. The Tcu game showed the lack of size and strength that isn't something you can improve on. The shooting has been the thing that I really expected to be better. Patrick and Sandfort have to hit at a much higher clip from outside and ft shooting from everyone needs to improve. I'd really like to see more Bowen he's much more of a creator than Ulis
Iowa will do well against teams that like to run and will struggle mightily against tough, physical teams that play in your face defense like TCU, ISU, MSU, etc.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Iowa will do well against teams that like to run and will struggle mightily against tough, physical teams that play in your face defense like TCU, ISU, MSU, etc.
Yes that's exactly my thought though with our shooting I'm worried we won't be able to outscore as many teams as we have in recent past. Looking like and 18-13 type to me. Figure to have a high sos so maybe that's barely on right side?

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
How bad is Georgia Tech that they gave up a double-double to Connor McCaffrey? 10 Rebounds? Did Georgia Tech even attempt to box out?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes that's exactly my thought though with our shooting I'm worried we won't be able to outscore as many teams as we have in recent past. Looking like and 18-13 type to me. Figure to have a high sos so maybe that's barely on right side?
Iowa has home and ways with all of the top half of the B1G this year except Maryland. This certainly isn't the same recipe Fran is used to cooking with.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
How bad is Georgia Tech that they gave up a double-double to Connor McCaffrey? 10 Rebounds? Did Georgia Tech even attempt to box out?
They didn't seem fundamentally sound. I have to think they're ready or more so need to move on from Pastner

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I never got the love for Pastner. I don't think he's a good coach at all.

He's not. He's just living off his reputation that he was some young coaching savant because he was running an AAU program while in college. He's failed at every head coaching opportunity he's had.

• Agree
Reactions: GMackey32

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I feel like Georgia Tech is one of those jobs that seems like it's a better job than it really is, I mean high level ACC school, some history of success, big time recruiting base in Atlanta. But really it's lacking in resources compared to other big time schools, not a big alumni base, overshadowed by UGA.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I feel like Georgia Tech is one of those jobs that seems like it's a better job than it really is, I mean high level ACC school, some history of success, big time recruiting base in Atlanta. But really it's lacking in resources compared to other big time schools, not a big alumni base, overshadowed by UGA.
Pretty bizarre Hewett in his mediocre tenure got them to the national championship game