Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I know Caitlyn Clark and my daughter played with her. All this pub is killing her game. She has become a chucker. Her shooting percentage gets worse every year. Good for Iowa State but as a friend of her family, I wish she would start playing smarter.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
FWIW they rolled ISU for three years in a row but so did a lot of teams.

The awkward lifting video followed by clips of porous defense is one way to go, I guess.
They could only start beating us regularly when we had the worst head coach in program history here. And even then I think it broke even(could be wrong on that one though)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I know Caitlyn Clark and my daughter played with her. All this pub is killing her game. She has become a chucker. Her shooting percentage gets worse every year. Good for Iowa State but as a friend of her family, I wish she would start playing smarter.

I mean this sincerely I don't know if I know of a player who dogs the refs and gets into it with the refs more than Clark. It's incredibly off putting for me. Even LeBron in the playoffs doesn't come close. I don't dislike her but it certainly jumps out at me when you watch our men and women.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I mean this sincerely I don't know if I know of a player who dogs the refs and gets into it with the refs more than Clark. It's incredibly off putting for me. Even LeBron in the playoffs doesn't come close. I don't dislike her but it certainly jumps out at me when you watch our men and women.

Agreed. She’s a great player but needs to stop complaining.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Nope I totally agree and she never was real coachable at Dowling . She took coaching better at Attack but still was on her own program a lot . She is a baby on the court. She is a very nice girl off the court.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Mads4st8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ah gotcha, thanks for the number on that. Embarrassing stat for an embarrassment of a coach

ISU/Iowa going back and forth isn't new and it didn't help that Iowa was good during that stretch.

But ISU's players letting the fake tough guy thing get to them a couple of times was one of many red flags on the whole of the program.

I can see Iowa winning this year but I know they'll have to earn it.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
ISU/Iowa going back and forth isn't new and it didn't help that Iowa was good during that stretch.

But ISU's players letting the fake tough guy thing get to them a couple of times was one of many red flags on the whole of the program.

I can see Iowa winning this year but I know they'll have to earn it.
I can't see it. I think last night was a preview.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not overconfident at all.

Since it's an annual game it's basically like an away conference game where nobody's safe.

I was hoping Iowa is ranked so it's either a good win or at least not a bad loss if ISU is still in the mix for the tourney in March.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Wouldn't be surprised? They're going to be 5 point favorites lol
Depends on the games in the leadup if Iowa were to lose tomorrow or get killed by Duke that'll change some things. Iowa State plays St John's too