Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Patrick only 16 of those I think. I wonder if playing consecutive days is something he’s not, nor maybe ever will be, physically capable of.

November basketball should be when legs are at their freshest but I can totally see Hok fan players riding out the 'Thanksgiving week is such a grind' mantra.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Patrick only 16 of those I think. I wonder if playing consecutive days is something he’s not, nor maybe ever will be, physically capable of.
Sucking badly can get you cut off at 16 minutes even by your dad.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe. I have two family members who’ve gone through it with no effect on their stamina, etc. Not college athletes though.

Probably hard to tell if Fran still rotates just to rotate. I've never been convinced that Connor would get time at very many places in general but does he still get thrown out there to run up and down the court?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Had to laugh at this...although..that is partly true. but only on the same day. haha.

YOu cannot lift same day you play bball. other than that you are right and I laughed my a ss off reading it.
Jordan lifted on game days. But, what does he know?

Reactions: madguy30

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The "it must have been the ball" excuse has entered the chat... again

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Iowa getting RUN by TCU right now. They can't handle teams that play defense and go downhill with the ball
OMG Iowa lost to TCU lol
Watched the game. Iowa’s front court looks pretty soft, their guards better than I thought. I was impressed with TCU, they looked really good and not much drop off with their substitutions.
Well coached they will be a tough matchup.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

I like Sanford too but Lamont is really underrated.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
everyone is bagging on Iowa, but they remember last year and will play like it is their Super Bowl when we go to Iowa City. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and Acylum

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'll admit it: I hate that ball. It sucks. But both teams have to use it.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It is always shocking to see how year after year a D1 program can have so many weak, soft kids. Most of their players have arms that look like a bunch of 12 year olds. It’s like Fran is some HS coach in the 1990s arguing with the football coach because he doesn’t want the kids lifting weights because it will wreck their shots.
Hey, Iowa's weight room specializes in Pilates and yoga. Their guys are extremely flexible.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
everyone is bagging on Iowa, but they remember last year and will play like it is their Super Bowl when we go to Iowa City. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.
Only problem I have with that is I have 0 idea who's gonna score for them in the game. Murray got shut down last night and nobody on that team could guard anything. We know the blueprint on how to beat them. Once we get a little lead and beat them down a little they'll quit

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Wilson is now the ball in the NBA. Even fewer Hoks will make it the the league now....

• Haha
Reactions: MeanDean

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
And? What does that have to do with bagging on Iowa?