Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Hard pass on Joe. Not really a shooter and plays careless at times. He'd be a decent backup option...for a mid major IMO. I'd rather have Tre Jackson.

He's lightning quick, but it seems like he's going full speed all the time while accomplishing very little. I'd definitely rather have Tre.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I am going to disagree with you. Tre is a better shooter, has a better handle, and is more composed under pressure.

Joe is...quicker?
He's definitely a better shooter though Joe has greatly improved there. I just think Joe even though reckless is a much better play maker. He doesn't always make the best decision but he can make plays from nothing with his quickness and he has a playground type natural instinct to his game. He's definitely a better ball hander than Tre imo. Toussaints handling isn't in question to me it's the decision making. Both good defenders but Joe again is a little undisciplined sometimes there too. Bottom line I can't see Tre creating offense for anyone on our team and I think we need that since we don't have a guard like brockington and hunter

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's definitely a better shooter though Joe has greatly improved there. I just think Joe even though reckless is a much better play maker. He doesn't always make the best decision but he can make plays from nothing with his quickness and he has a playground type natural instinct to his game. He's definitely a better ball hander than Tre imo. Toussaints handling isn't in question to me it's the decision making. Both good defenders but Joe again is a little undisciplined sometimes there too. Bottom line I can't see Tre creating offense for anyone on our team and I think we need that since we don't have a guard like brockington and hunter
Brockington has been amazing. He's creeping up on DeAndre Kane territory for me. He doesn't drive like DeAndre but his 18ft jumpers are amazing. Hunter is going to benefit from him a lot and Hunter is a great kid.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Brockington has been amazing. He's creeping up on DeAndre Kane territory for me. He doesn't drive like DeAndre but his 18ft jumpers are amazing. Hunter is going to benefit from him a lot and Hunter is a great kid.
Feels like he can get that crossover jumper whenever he wants. He's strong too. If Hunter shoots like he did last night he has s high high ceiling

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There are a shi!t ton of tickets available. Iowa may just lull them to sleep.
I see there are multiple Twitter arguments again regarding this topic. Iowa fans, your team is solid and you’re playing a top 10 team. There’s no excuse that the arena isn’t damn near 100%.

If you truly cared, you’d go.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I see there are multiple Twitter arguments again regarding this topic. Iowa fans, your team is solid and you’re playing a top 10 team. There’s no excuse that the arena isn’t damn near 100%.

If you truly cared, you’d go.

The fact that this continues to be a discussion among Iowa fans is just pathetic.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
HOW IN THE **** IS IOWA SO HIGH IN THE NET?! I mean I get it...sounds like their OE is a huge reason but my ******* god they are so average. They aren't a tourney team.

Purdue is just pasting them so far in the mausoleum.