Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Huge game in Iowa City tonight against #6 Purdue. I heard there were still 3,500 seats available as of a day or two ago. Yeesh.

Who wins? I know Iowa nearly pulled off the huge upset without Murray on the road..but the Boilers were up 15-20 most of the second half before letting Iowa make the run.

I expect a close game but Purdue wins again

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Huge game in Iowa City tonight against #6 Purdue. I heard there were still 3,500 seats available as of a day or two ago. Yeesh.

Who wins? I know Iowa nearly pulled off the huge upset without Murray on the road..but the Boilers were up 15-20 most of the second half before letting Iowa make the run.

Wasn't Purdue without their point guard also. Maybe even a second guard?

• Informative
Reactions: dahliaclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

If Purdue can match Iowa right out of the gate they will pull away and win by double digits. The only way it's close is if Iowa can put Purdue in an early hole. Purdue will absolutely abuse Iowa in the paint. Gonna be a long night for Rebraca and fat Garza.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009

I think we struggle against their size and get killed on the boards. Purdue 74-66

• Informative

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
If Purdue can match Iowa right out of the gate they will pull away and win by double digits. The only way it's close is if Iowa can put Purdue in an early hole. Purdue will absolutely abuse Iowa in the paint. Gonna be a long night for Rebraca and fat Garza.
Is this a thing or are you trying to make it a thing? I don't think it's a thing.

Reactions: heitclone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think Iowa's starting to play the defense they should of all year but tonight's much bigger test to that. I was very disappointed in the defense early on because I felt we were much more athletic than past years but we were still playing similar style when we were much more offensively skilled. Big 12 is a tough league I don't disagree but I don't think we'd go 3-15

Athletic?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Purdue's B1G away games:
2 pt Rutgers loss
7 pt PSU win
8 pt double OT Illinois win
3 pt Indiana loss

Illinois is the only team definitely better than Iowa in that list. Iowa can beat Purdue at home.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They've beaten Indiana who I believe is also as good or better as the other teams I mentioned.
I think SEC is good not great. I just thought you would think Big 12 is better
I think they are better but I also think the SEC is good. The difference between the two conferences is that there are a few bad teams in the SEC while there isn't a single bad team in the Big 12.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

How is that possible lol

• Agree

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
In all fairness to our Hok friend, the bar for this Iowa team to be "more athletic" than last year's team is about as low as a P5 team can get.

Having feet stuck in mud as opposed to concrete would be a significant upgrade.
Unfortunately true

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Took Purdue at -2.5 this morning. I was a bit surprised to see the number that low. Haven't really been paying attention, does Purdue have players out?

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep "more athletic"
Your starting 5 is a small out of control PG who can't finish well, a small white un-athletic shooter who sucks at shooting right now, a great player in Keegan, a lengthy white dude who's not that athletic, and a 6'9" center who also isn't that athletic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron