Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
KenPom and NET should drop Iowa 10 spots just for almost losing that game..

I have no clue why teams don't realize with Keegan that you have got to send an additional defender at him in the middle...

I have no clue why teams can't figure this out.
Its amazing how many teams allow him to get to the paint so freely. Any team struggling to defend Iowa needs to just pack it in and make Iowa shoot threes.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Just to deviate for a second, Iowa MBB is still 0-4 in Q1 games as Minny is NET 76 so is currently a Q2 win (and that is after MN had 4 players out).
The thing I don’t understand is they’re (I think) 19 in the NET and we’re 20. Don’t we have 4 (3?) Q1 wins. How does this work? I’d almost (almost) like to go back to RPI.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Good article. Enjoyed the comment section. Yes, Connor is a menace, and Hok FB and BB are poor sports.

I liked the comment section too....only 4 comments though. So much more "marked for death" mocking to be done. ("Marked for Death" was a good Steven Seagal movie on a Seagal-movie-scale. Skinny, quick moves, still an novel schtick at that point).
I miss the days pre-2011 when you could read a headline and then just go to the comments to read the Truth.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I liked the comment section too....only 4 comments though. So much more "marked for death" mocking to be done. ("Marked for Death" was a good Steven Seagal movie on a Seagal-movie-scale. Skinny, quick moves, still an novel schtick at that point).
I miss the days pre-2011 when you could read a headline and then just go to the comments to read the Truth.
Steven Seagal's best movie was the one on the boat because it had the Baywatch girl. Not Pam Anderson or Yasmine Bleeth or Nicole Eggert or Carmen Electra. The one with the pretty blue eyes.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Steven Seagal's best movie was the one on the boat because it had the Baywatch girl. Not Pam Anderson or Yasmine Bleeth or Nicole Eggert or Carmen Electra. The one with the pretty blue eyes.

My favorite Steven Segal movie Under Siege was the name of it. Erika Eleniak was her name. Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey also starred as in it. Blood, guts, explosions and a lot of firearms!

Still have the VCR tape of it,

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

The one that was in Playboy? Yeah, I remember her. Her turnoffs were rude people and halitosis.

• Haha
Reactions: jcyclonee

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
My favorite Steven Segal movie Under Siege was the name of it. Erika Eleniak was her name. Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey also starred as in it. Blood, guts, explosions and a lot of firearms!

Still have the VCR tape of it,

That is a good Segal movie.....but it was the one where you could start to see his success go to his waistband. A little pudge the makeup and wardrobe couldn't hide. He wasn't as raw anymore. Gotta stay hard.
Ha....I read Tommy Lee at first instead of Tommy Lee Jones. I am sure Tommy Lee starred in something with Erika Eleniak back in the late 1980's.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
The thing I don’t understand is they’re (I think) 19 in the NET and we’re 20. Don’t we have 4 (3?) Q1 wins. How does this work? I’d almost (almost) like to go back to RPI.
We had this discussion few pages back and I don't completely get it either. Essentially Iowa seems to be benefitting because it uses offensive efficiency #s as one of its metrics which is greatly boosting their ranking

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We had this discussion few pages back and I don't completely get it either. Essentially Iowa seems to be benefitting because it uses offensive efficiency #s as one of its metrics which is greatly boosting their ranking
Yep, using starters to press UWs walk ons and have JBo chuck up a bunch of meaningless shots is actually sound strategy.

Last edited: