Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting comparison found on HR.

Xavier Foster: 2 GP, 10 Min, 4 pts (0-1 3pt), 1 Def Rb, 0 Ast, 0 Blk, 0 Stl
Keegan Murray: 2 GP, 36 Min, 21 pts (3-7 3pt), 3 Off Rb, 7 Def Rb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 3 Blks

Foster is riding the bench for one of the worst power conference teams in the nation.

Murray is contributing for a top 3 team in the country.

You want prohm playing guys long minutes when they are coming back from an injury? Best to bring them back slower and avoid reinjury.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's funny to see posters not go on record if they think someone will be better than someone else, yet like to bump years old posts of comparing players.
LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel and CyTwins

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
It's funny to see posters not go on record if they think someone will be better than someone else, yet like to bump years old posts of comparing players.
LOL

You said you would take Griffin over Garza before Griffin had even played a collegiate game. Dont be bitter because you made stupid posts in the past.

Anyone that's watched these two teams with no bias would take Young over Garza.
I'd take an unproven Zion Griffin over Garza.
I've seen Garza play, he just doesn't run the floor well enough. Now, if he can develop into being a great banger in the post like Jared Homan, then he'll be ok. I haven't seen Fran's players develop enough though to even think that's possible.

I hope Francis continues to recruit bigs like Woody and Garza and Steve recruits guys like Solomon, Cam, and now Zion.

I hope you keep getting Garza type players and we keep getting more Lard type players.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You said you would take Griffin over Garza before Griffin had even played a collegiate game. Dont be bitter because you made stupid posts in the past.
Wait you were the one that said Garza shouldn't be a starter at Iowa lol

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Haven't read the entire thread, but have to give Garza props for working his a** off to become the best he can be. It's not like he is blessed with athletic ability. He just has learned his trade very well almost in a Niang type of way. The comparisons to first year players here at ISU are apples to oranges. When Garza was young it was said his vertical was sheet of paper. It might be 5 sheets now, but he knows how to position himself and in the college game you don't need to jump to the rafters to be successful. I would hope our young players with talent will work this hard to become the best they can be.

Reactions: GoHawks