Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Why do you think losing a player for the year is a big deal? Iowa lost 2 starters for the majority of last season, had another starter out several games and lost a top 100 recruit as well. Iowa was still really solid last year despite all this. Maybe Prohm should try to build up some depth like Fran.
I've been pretty critical of Fran and still am not sold on him. But what he was able to do with all the injuries' last year was pretty remarkable to say the least. Not many teams would have been in position for a 5 seed with all that went on in such a tough conference.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've been pretty critical of Fran and still am not sold on him. But what he was able to do with all the injuries' last year was pretty remarkable to say the least. Not many teams would have been in position for a 5 seed with all that went on in such a tough conference.

34th in NET = 5 seed? Lol

Reactions: Cytown12

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think the shorter rotation really helped, honestly.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
It is great having Illinois and Iowa both good again. Those games have been intense the last couple of years and that rivalry can get heated.
Seems like Illinois has good reason to hate on Iowa

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
He was on campus practicing. Not sure how we never had him
Just saying with the way transfers move around today, it's no guarantee he will suit up for you next year. Plus, who knows what kind of medical issues the young man has. He could decide to transfer some place closer to home. Either way, hope the best for him and hope he's ok.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, just how much your trolling has went downhill the last couple years. Used to be a thing of beauty.
I'm not trolling. The NET basically went chalk the year before. The only way Iowa was going to get better than a 7 seed (and that's generous) is if they won multiple games in the BTT which Fran has never done