Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
What's the difference between preseason basketball and football polls? I feel like Hawk fans are really excited about the basketball preseason polls and putting quite a bit of emphasis on them.

Reactions: Cytown12

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What's the difference between preseason basketball and football polls? I feel like Hawk fans are really excited about the basketball preseason polls and putting quite a bit of emphasis on them.

And ISU fans weren't excited during the Fred years when you were talked about as a top 10 team? Like @CyTwins doesn't talk all offseason about rankings that come out that had ISU top 25 in football? Of course fans are going to get excited about that stuff.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Oh good god you are really bad at this!! That was posted in May of 2019. Lots of things happened since then. You really are grasping at things to say if you have to go back over a year and a half ago to post something that was said then. Get some help or get a real job!
LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkmi

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And ISU fans weren't excited during the Fred years when you were talked about as a top 10 team? Like @CyTwins doesn't talk all offseason about rankings that come out that had ISU top 25 in football? Of course fans are going to get excited about that stuff.
Fran isn't a good coach. Fred was a good coach at Iowa State with way more talent than Fran has had in his entire career combined. Apples and oranges

• Informative
Reactions: Hawkmi

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Fran isn't a good coach. Fred was a good coach at Iowa State with way more talent than Fran has had in his entire career combined. Apples and oranges
dims

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Losing Hinson is a huge loss for this year. Plus it's your Super Bowl per Jordan Bohannon

Why do you think losing a player for the year is a big deal? Iowa lost 2 starters for the majority of last season, had another starter out several games and lost a top 100 recruit as well. Iowa was still really solid last year despite all this. Maybe Prohm should try to build up some depth like Fran.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you think ISU is no longer a bubble team then since Hinson will not play?
Probably not anymore. I've heard really good things about JCL but I also heard Hinson was our second best player before his medical condition happened

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do you think losing a player for the year is a big deal? Iowa lost 2 starters for the majority of last season, had another starter out several games and lost a top 100 recruit as well. Iowa was still really solid last year despite all this. Maybe Prohm should try to build up some depth like Fran.
Iowa didn't lose anyone good for the year. Hinson is very good