Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wondering if Barta put Frank on the payroll.... Shady Athletic Program Boss (good at losing lawsuits) and a shady individual (wonder if he was someone's prison beeotch) seems like a match made in heaven.

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Wondering if Barta put Frank on the payroll.... Shady Athletic Program Boss (good at loosing lawsuits) and a shady individual (wonder if he was someone's prison beeotch) seems like a match made in heaven.

Somehow Frank's getting paid to turn down that $1M shoe contract.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Isn't Frank Garza an experienced financial manager? Don't Iowa fans think he is a stand up individual? Why wouldn't they or the university want to entrust money to him?
Because that's a huge violation that would not only make Luka ineligible, but the NCAA would crush Iowa with penalties and they'd never recover lol.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Because that's a huge violation that would not only make Luka ineligible, but the NCAA would crush Iowa with penalties and they'd never recover lol.

You are talking about barta. He runs illegal ticket giveaways and everything. Is the king of settlements. He is not a bright individual. It is very possible that Barta would promise something that is illegal.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
@Cyched ur dumb

Sorry I've been drinking in sconsin.
Phew. @SplitIdentity is actually Bo Ryan
tenor.gif

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
I bet Luka and Frank are kicking themselves for wanting to come back to iowa after today's decision by the Little 10 about postponed sports until 2021 which I'm sure will included basketball.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I bet Luka and Frank are kicking themselves for wanting to come back to iowa after today's decision by the Lillte 10 about postponed sports until 2012 which I'm sure will included basketball.

While Luka is out of the NBA draft this year he could still sign in Europe...
I had serious doubts that he’d be drafted anyways so guess little has changed other than playing for Fran may now also be off the table. Honestly if he isn’t fully confident the B1G plays in the spring he may be free to take the money now.

adding...

@Sam_Vecenie Will just note following today’s Big Ten and Pac-12 decisions:

Kids who decided to return to college at the NCAA Early Entry Deadline on August 3 have until August 17 to decide if they want to enter the NBA Draft still. Wonder if a few explore that possibility...

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I bet Luka and Frank are kicking themselves for wanting to come back to iowa after today's decision by the Lillte 10 about postponed sports until 2012 which I'm sure will included basketball.
And when the BIG only attempts to play conference basketball starting in January 2021, the mighty hawks, after losing their 11 non-con wins, finishes 11-9 in the conference...earning an 8 seed both in the BIG tourney and the dance. What memories...

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
And when the BIG only attempts to play conference basketball starting in January 2021, the mighty hawks, after losing their 11 non-con wins, finishes 11-9 in the conference...earning an 8 seed both in the BIG tourney and the dance. What memories...
Awfully optimistic. 10-10 and a bubble rider.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron