Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

This probably should go in the Iowa and a mid-major roster thread but links here. Really recruiting to Iowa or Iona is the same level.

@CBB_Central This is the level of recruit I think we can expect Pitino to pull. 4 and 5 stars are going to be unrealistic, but snagging top 200 kids who'd be A10/MVC priorities and getting a few HM offers is probably possible consistently. Pitino recruiting plenty of size to the MAAC.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This probably should go in the Iowa and a mid-major roster thread but links here. Really recruiting to Iowa or Iona is the same level.

@CBB_Central This is the level of recruit I think we can expect Pitino to pull. 4 and 5 stars are going to be unrealistic, but snagging top 200 kids who'd be A10/MVC priorities and getting a few HM offers is probably possible consistently. Pitino recruiting plenty of size to the MAAC.
5 years from now, Iona will be widely considered Gonzaga of the east and coached by Richard Pitino who was let go halfway thru the 2021-22 season by the U of Minnesota and has spent the past 3 seasons as assistant under his dad, Rick

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
So a team that went 11-9 in BIG, 20-11 overall thinks it is a threat to win a Natty? It all comes back to fact that Mad Fran is your coach...any discussion doesn't even have to move beyond that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

That's his announcement post? That's horrible.

He obviously doesn't know what an apostrophe or a period is yet. Must learn that in your senior year at Iowa maybe?

And talk about arrogant. "Where the love?". Really? You want people to praise you for this decision?? Barf.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
Until Iowa learns to play some defense, I don't expect much more from them. Luka is good, really good, but other teams have good players too, and Fran is still their coach. Maybe 2nd or 3rd in the conference, and maybe get to Sweet 16. Final Four is a stretch. I don't think their guards are good enough.

Having said all of that, I doubt there is CBB this year.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Unfortunately I don't think there will be college football or college basketball which sucks for both of our programs. Both have a stud (Purdy, Garza) and look primed for a big season. So of course we won't get to enjoy that (more than likely).

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Maybe he will but I don't think Garza will be able to duplicate the season he had last year, stat wise. I think he will be both lower in points (23.9) and rebounds (9.8). Team may have slightly more success, if they even play.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

He obviously doesn't know what an apostrophe or a period is yet. Must learn that in your senior year at Iowa maybe?

And talk about arrogant. "Where the love?". Really? You want people to praise you for this decision?? Barf.
World-class douchecanoe. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

He's the best player in the nation on a national title contending team. He deserves love.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe he will but I don't think Garza will be able to duplicate the season he had last year, stat wise. I think he will be both lower in points (23.9) and rebounds (9.8). Team may have slightly more success, if they even play.
JOBO will be jacking it up so I agree with you.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Uuuuuuugh you're twisting my arm to raise my expectation.
I’m telling ya, we’ve been told here and from other hawk fans. They are title contenders. Nothing less than BIG10 champs with a final four appearance is utter failure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron