Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Despite how bad we were last year and it being one of Iowa's best seasons in 20 years, I still saw Iowa fans post they wished Carver would get as loud as Hilton.

How crazy is it that one of they're best teams in 20 years was going to be a 7-8 seed lol

Reactions: CyPunch

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Besides Iowa losing a lot in the second half of each season, Fran does a stand up job of losing his cool too. “You cheating mother#uckers!!” Wonder if that is part of his teachings on his “Building a Championship Defense” video tapes? Sure seems like his son was taught well.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How crazy is it that one of they're best teams in 20 years was going to be a 7-8 seed lol

Pretty bad. Especially having one of the top 2 players in the country. Hope they can capitalize this year.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Besides Iowa losing a lot in the second half of each season, Fran does a stand up job of losing his cool too. “You cheating mother#uckers!!” Wonder if that is part of his teachings on his “Building a Championship Defense” video tapes? Sure seems like his son was taught well.

29er always flying in from the top turnbuckle.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Despite how bad we were last year and it being one of Iowa's best seasons in 20 years, I still saw Iowa fans post they wished Carver would get as loud as Hilton.
Dude, wait until the new Coralville Arena opens up, itll be rocking.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The memories of Iowa fans saying they wished Carver was more like Hilton last season. You were just bragging about that for some reason.

This is the problem with arguing with uneducated Hawk fans. Brodie is somehow trying to make the argument Carver is a better home court than Hilton. Try to follow along.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
This is the problem with arguing with uneducated Hawk fans. Brodie is somehow trying to make the argument Carver is a better home court than Hilton. Try to follow along.

I saw that part too and then you strolled down memory lane from last winter with your memories of Iowa fans wishing Carver was more like Hilton.

I guess when you are one of the worst P6 teams in the country, you need something to get your through the winter.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I saw that part too and then you strolled down memory lane from last winter with your memories of Iowa fans wishing Carver was more like Hilton.

I guess when you are one of the worst P6 teams in the country, you need something to get your through the winter.

You're so ******* stupid.

Something is misfiring for you to not be able to connect the dots. Ts & Ps

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017
So Iowa losing at home to DePaul means CHA is a poor home court advantage, but Iowa State losing at home to Florida A&M doesn’t mean anything. How convenient.

I have friends who walked to Carver Hawkeye and got tickets 20 minutes before tip against a top 15 Purdue team a few years back and snagged seats somewhere in the first 10 rows of the arena. Special venue.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
I have friends who walked to Carver Hawkeye and got tickets 20 minutes before tip against a top 15 Purdue team a few years back and snagged seats somewhere in the first 10 rows of the arena. Special venue.
When Big 10 administrators are making up the next season's unbalanced schedule, there are 13 league coaches sitting in their offices saying, "please don't send us to Carver- we'll go anywhere but the Free Pizza Palace."

Reactions: BCClone

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
The only way this comes true is if the ISU fans I know have their wishes come true and we don't have a college basketball season or played limited schedules with no non- conference games.

Do you really think ISU would beat Iowa in Iowa City this season?
Yes it's iowa basketball and Carver is no scary place for visiting teams