Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But Connor seems to know what he is good at and bad at more than other players. He is a smart player that doesn't make many mistakes or poor decisions.
You can tell he's a coach's son for sure. He knows the game of basketball. His playing time would not be very high if he were shooting a bunch, that's for sure. I don't care if his dad is the coach lol.

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You can tell he's a coach's son for sure. He knows the game of basketball. His playing time would not be very high if he were shooting a bunch, that's for sure. I don't care if his dad is the coach lol.

He knows his limitations.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
When Monte Morris played, you thought Gessell was better.
ESPN and 247 also thought Gesell was better coming out of high school. They obviously were wrong, but there was a time early in their college careers where a lot of people thought Gesell was going to be very good.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Morris was a lot better player than Connor, but to say Connor sucks would be wrong. He played a solid role on a Div. 1 tournament caliber team last year. That is far from sucking at basketball.
If he can just make honorable mention all conference, he will have reached an elite status and win CyTwins approval.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How can you shoot that bad when you're only taking wide open shots? That's crazy
He moved the goalpost to laughing at those numbers to "well that's dumb because Connor does these other things."
Yeah, like he's breaking down Memphis defensive schemes to get an idea on Harris.

Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ESPN and 247 also thought Gesell was better coming out of high school. They obviously were wrong, but there was a time early in their college careers where a lot of people thought Gesell was going to be very good.
Fran wrecked him

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Just thinking out loud. Guess we won't know until this fall and winter if he is capable of contributing. My guess is that he redshirts. But that is just a guess.

He looks like he is putting on some weight and Fran is on record recently saying he is over 200 pounds for the first time so I think he plays.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's good at passing to Garza and letting him work. That's all I've got.
He knows where his shooters are at, he works his butt off and truly cares when he plays, he can hold his own on the defensive end of the court, and he developed from an awful 3 point shooter to a guy you can't leave completely wide open anymore. He made a huge stride from his redshirt freshman year to this past year. I don't like how he represents himself on the court but I think he's good in his role for Iowa.