Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
We care about it the usual amount.

Seems like conference tournaments weren't that important to Cyclone fans either until about 6 years ago, now its about the most important sporting event of the year for most Clones I talk to. Not sure why that changed so suddenly.

I wonder if its because ISU started having success in their conference tournament about 6 years ago.
This is complete and utter horsesh**. I am a 50-something year old and have been to my fair share of these tourneys (& watch parties when I couldn't get to the games). Even before the Big-12 came into existence, there were HUGE followings of Cyclone fans to KC to watch their beloved team compete at the Big 8 Tourney. Even if a fan wasn't able to go, you were trying to find the tv station that carried the games & getting together with large numbers of fans to watch the team play. Just because social media did NOT exist until more recent times, does NOT mean that fans did not care nor travel to the game. Also, any Hok fan liking or rating your post as a winner is completely delusional! I don't care if you hate the Cyclones or take great pleasure in our awful season this year. Good for you - but PLEASE don't post total BS stuff that you CANNOT verify! It'd be like me saying that Hok fans didn't care about Bowl Games prior to social media. THAT would be complete BS & I would NEVER say that. I'd need to look up stats about attendance to these games and visit with both younger and older fans about their experiences, before making such an outlandish and untrue claim.
SO, what experiences have you had surrounding either the BIG 8 or BIG 12 Tournaments in the past that would make you claim what you did?
I'd be willing to compare my experiences (and the experiences of those who also attended or were part of "watch parties" with me) against your experiences. My conclusion: there is always major excitement among most Cyclone fans about the conference Tourney. It is an amazing experience & fun to watch - even in years where our team struggles.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
This is complete and utter horsesh**. I am a 50-something year old and have been to my fair share of these tourneys (& watch parties when I couldn't get to the games). Even before the Big-12 came into existence, there were HUGE followings of Cyclone fans to KC to watch their beloved team compete at the Big 8 Tourney. Even if a fan wasn't able to go, you were trying to find the tv station that carried the games & getting together with large numbers of fans to watch the team play. Just because social media did NOT exist until more recent times, does NOT mean that fans did not care nor travel to the game. Also, any Hok fan liking or rating your post as a winner is completely delusional! I don't care if you hate the Cyclones or take great pleasure in our awful season this year. Good for you - but PLEASE don't post total BS stuff that you CANNOT verify! It'd be like me saying that Hok fans didn't care about Bowl Games prior to social media. THAT would be complete BS & I would NEVER say that. I'd need to look up stats about attendance to these games and visit with both younger and older fans about their experiences, before making such an outlandish and untrue claim.
SO, what experiences have you had surrounding either the BIG 8 or BIG 12 Tournaments in the past that would make you claim what you did?
I'd be willing to compare my experiences (and the experiences of those who also attended or were part of "watch parties" with me) against your experiences. My conclusion: there is always major excitement among most Cyclone fans about the conference Tourney. It is an amazing experience & fun to watch - even in years where our team struggles.
That dumba$$ hawk most likely lacks the intellectual functioning and/or the attention span to read your entire post, but well done!!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
That dumba$$ hawk most likely lacks the intellectual functioning and/or the attention span to read your entire post, but well done!!
Yes, and another intellectually deficient troll thought my post was funny. I'm sure if the MBB performance of our two teams were reversed this year, neither would have the guts to post on CF. These guys definitely suffer from Little Brother Syndrome.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They dont need him to beat top 25 teams. Might as well rest him for an elite 8 run.

I wouldn't be surprised if he kept sitting out. If you're going to miss multiple games for a low ankle sprain who knows what you're capable of

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron