dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I love Iowa. I love their fans.
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It really doesn't move the needle on Fran's recruiting rankings (JO is #301 currently) but after Monday and the implosion that EIU's fanbase was going through just getting a recruit with a Big 10 offer has to be a massive win.
It'll distract the hok fans for a while and I am sure they are all ready talking themselves into Ogundele being better than Foster.
There were people on Monday trying to spin how the Murray twins would be more Division 1 ready than Foster lol. And yes, they also were say Ogundele had more of an upside.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
...and a couple days there were people on this site claiming Fosters family was "playing" the cyclones and not getting him wouldn't be much of a loss.

Not getting Foster wouldn't have been much of a loss for us because of our coaches ability to recruit

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
...and a couple days there were people on this site claiming Fosters family was "playing" the cyclones and not getting him wouldn't be much of a loss.
There was a lot of weirdness going on where from the outside perspective, fans might look at him going back and forth between ISU and Iowa as playing games with either school, when in reality he was just undecided. And actually I still do think if we would not have gotten Foster we wouldn't have been in as worse of a spot as if Iowa wouldn't have gotten him. And that's exactly what happened.. Iowa finally has a guy in this class with a P5 offer.. Rutgers.

Reactions: VeloClone

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
There was a lot of weirdness going on where from the outside perspective, fans might look at him going back and forth between ISU and Iowa as playing games with either school, when in reality he was just undecided. And actually I still do think if we would not have gotten Foster we wouldn't have been in as worse of a spot as if Iowa wouldn't have gotten him. And that's exactly what happened.. Iowa finally has a guy in this class with a P5 offer.. Rutgers.
that's fair

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
It wouldn’t have been much of a loss because anyone who turns down Iowa State for Iowa because they see it as a way to get to the NBA clearly wouldn’t be that intelligent of a person, or have the drive to improve their game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A guy who can't jump or shoot has upside? Lol
Yeah I'm not sure how they rationalized that lol. It's just an overreaction because they didn't get the guy they wanted. I also saw a post who saw a "slight" Caleb Swanigan in Ogundele. Which has to be 100% based off of looks and absolutely not based off of talent level considering Swanigan was the #19 player in the nation with an offer from Duke.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
JO looks to be one of those kids you think could develop into a nice backup post man in a few years... not a prospect you take with your final scholarship in November..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
JO looks to be one of those kids you think could develop into a nice backup post man in a few years... not a prospect you take with your final scholarship in November..

I don't know why you would take an unathletic big man who shoots 22% from the line at any point

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
that's fair

Once again I can put what I learned from HR over the past week to good use. This is how they do it over there:

No one cares about your opinion. Go back to whatever ****** river town you come from and take care of your out of wedlock children. Get the meth pipe out of your ass and get a job deadbeat.

• Friendly
Reactions: dexterhawk