Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I’ll repeat what I said last night.

there was a whole lot of reality that crashed down on their fan base last night.

just like with the year after Jok, they somehow convinced themselves that the fact that cook, and bohannon were the only guys you had to gameplan against, which made everyone else’s lives easier.

Most of their fans really have a blinded view of how college basketball works and don’t understand the game very well. Guards control the game at this level and the slow lumbering big guys are dinosaurs, and I’m not talking the fast ones. You need athleticism and length. Kids nowadays want to play wide open. You have to be positionless and have the ability to successfully switch on defense. You also want to limit liabilities on the court like JorBo. Sure he shoots it well but he doesn’t play defense, doesn’t handle well, doesn’t rebound and basically is a liability out there. For what he gets offensively he gives it up in other aspects.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This plus I can totally see him playing him too much instead of maybe redshirting like he probably should and he gets hurt even worse.

This! FFS they know where he is at so why even risk it? They are gaining nothing by playing him and if I was his parents I would be freakin pissed.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and dahliaclone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I heard the Hawkeye announcers during their first game say that JorBo has to play in 10 games and then sit out the rest of the year to get his medical redshirt. Amazingly, their 10th game of the season is at Ames! So, I guess the plan is in place.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I heard the Hawkeye announcers during their first game say that JorBo has to play in 10 games and then sit out the rest of the year to get his medical redshirt. Amazingly, their 10th game of the season is at Ames! So, I guess the plan is in place.

I think we are actually game #11 for them this year. They should have a second game in Vegas.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Correct. That is why he is going to sit out game(s) before the CyHawk game so he can play in that before shutting it down.

They are doing him such a disservice if that is the plan. I know the rule is 30% but one could argue playing him more then 8 games is playing with fire. Iowa of all places should know you don't take medical hardship waivers as slam dunks.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

I actually thought it was nine games but maybe it's ten

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Drew0311

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
They are doing him such a disservice if that is the plan. I know the rule is 30% but one could argue playing him more then 8 games is playing with fire. Iowa of all places should know you don't take medical hardship waivers as slam dunks.

I thought it was a standard redshirt, not a medical. Basically the 10 games is equivalent to the football 4 game rule for redshirts.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I thought it was a standard redshirt, not a medical. Basically the 10 games is equivalent to the football 4 game rule for redshirts.

No.. you play 1 minute of any game in basketball and you cannot use regular redshirt..

wts, it is utterly stupid the NCAA didn’t make same rule for b-ball that they did fball.. makes zero sense.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
No.. you play 1 minute of any game in basketball and you cannot use regular redshirt..

wts, it is utterly stupid the NCAA didn’t make same rule for b-ball that they did fball.. makes zero sense.

So why was Dolph babbling on about how the 10 games had to be in the first two months of the season? It seemed like there were cut and dry rules that they were quoting.

I guess serves me right for thinking he had a clue about anything.