Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Common sense says that they aren’t taking fosters or anyone else’s scholarship. If frans boys walk on it looks like iowa could have as many as 7 rides available.
Yeah. The first 4 commitments were probably just Fran making sure his fax machine is still working. He'll definitely be landing some big fish with the last 3.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Never question my sources

giphy.gif

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

What rise have they had? They haven’t played a single minute of prep school b-ball. Has a single other d1 school even showed interest?

this is more about luck than skill or hard work. They’re lucky Iowa offered them a scholarship. I doubt they’ll be there very long once they realize they’ll never see meaningful minutes. Freakin Brady Ernst was better than these kids and he sucked at ISU, sucked at FGCU and will suck at Drake

Fran did it again!

When Bain, who is one of the most optimistic local recruiting reporters especially on EIU news, is less than thrilled and doesn't think they are P6 worthy that is telling. Now with Cook gone it is really only a mid major roster.
Then again are we sure Fran isn't really a mid-major coach?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Common sense says that they aren’t taking fosters or anyone else’s scholarship. If frans boys walk on it looks like iowa could have as many as 7 rides available.
Still holding out hope for Foster? Look, he could still choose Iowa (although I seriously doubt it) or he could still also choose an "out-of-state" option - I certainly am NOT counting my chickens until they hatch. However, if the shoe were on the other foot and ISU had just offered 3 scholarships (2 going to "big men"), I would have lost all hope in Foster being a Cyclone.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

So how many do you predict they take? You penciling Foster and Sibley in this class too? Is this exactly how Fran saw it playing out all along?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is me just speculating, but Xavier Foster has to look at this recruiting class and think "Are you serious?. These are the guys I'd possibly share the floor with next year and the year after?" I think even before these commitments, it was a no brainer decision for Foster as to what program can get him to where he wants to be. Now, the decision should be much easier for him to make.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Why take these commits now and not wait to see what Foster is going to do?
These guys weren't going anywhere else in the next month.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
There's some truth to this. It's not going to look good when over half the responses on Twitter, Facebook, and message boards are negative and doubting their skills. Hopefully they have thick skin.

They're gonna need it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is me just speculating, but Xavier Foster has to look at this recruiting class and think "Are you serious?. These are the guys I'd possibly share the floor with next year and the year after?" I think even before these commitments, it was a no brainer decision for Foster as to what program can get him to where he wants to be. Now, the decision should be much easier for him to make.

Im just waiting for XF Instagram post to these guys like he did with Duds.

• Creative
Reactions: Steve and Acylum

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah. The first 4 commitments were probably just Fran making sure his fax machine is still working. He'll definitely be landing some big fish with the last 3.

Now I have an image of Fran beating the **** out of a fax machine with a baseball bat. Thank you very much for that. I am going to post the obligatory Office Space GIF.

giphy.gif

Why laughing? He nailed it.

Yes, he did.

And Fran took them anyways.

LOL!!1