Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
The defensive effectiveness: did you ever see Frank doing defensive footwork with Luka or was it mostly 25' shots?

And also something that was posted years ago is valid today? Weren't the Murray's in high school then? They seen athletic to me.
Lol dude I'm not sure what you're after here. We aren't talking about posts from years ago. You only have to go back a handful of pages to see what I'm talking about. It's literally right there. I'm an Iowa fan and will fully admit they're not the most athletic team. I don't know how it could really be argued.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lol dude I'm not sure what you're after here. We aren't talking about posts from years ago. You only have to go back a handful of pages to see what I'm talking about. It's literally right there. I'm an Iowa fan and will fully admit they're not the most athletic team. I don't know how it could really be argued.
So why not individually quote posts instead of bringing up the 788 pages thing?
And I'm not saying most athletic. I've said to score like Iowa does, they are athletic, I don't think that can be argued.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Patrick is exhibit A of this. He's long and actually pretty athletic (can dunk effortlessly) but he just looks so awkward most of the time and can't beat his defender off the dribble.
His problem is all strength. He does get by guys but if it's not completely and he gets a smidgen of a guys body contact which is allowed to some degree he's completely off balance. You could argue strength is athleticism too but I think he runs really well, and can jump higher than Woody Harrelson types

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
His problem is all strength. He does get by guys but if it's not completely and he gets a smidgen of a guys body contact which is allowed to some degree he's completely off balance. You could argue strength is athleticism too but I think he runs really well, and can jump higher than Woody Harrelson types
Exactly why I said I don't know if he's able to put much more weight on that frame.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Exactly why I said I don't know if he's able to put much more weight on that frame.
I know I don't think so either we would talk about him completely differently If he could. As is he needs to improve his shot

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You, me and every Iowa fan lol.

Don't even get me started on Connor.

If there's one thing you can say about Iowa fans it's that we hate nepotism in all of our programs.
If not for Kenyon, Kris would be a very attractive portal player after this year.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Purdue's B1G away games:
2 pt Rutgers loss
7 pt PSU win
8 pt double OT Illinois win
3 pt Indiana loss

Illinois is the only team definitely better than Iowa in that list. Iowa can beat Purdue at home.

But I hope they don't. :)

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Hard pass on Joe. Not really a shooter and plays careless at times. He'd be a decent backup option...for a mid major IMO. I'd rather have Tre Jackson.
The thought that Joe T would fit in perfectly at Drake has been 100% inescapable every single minute I've watched Joe T play.

It's borderline intolerable to discuss bball with my Hok friends until they get on that level when evaluating their role players. And I consider them very good friends.

If you're fine with not demanding more from your basketball program, that's perfectly acceptable to me.

But I refuse to nod along when you're putting lipstick on a pig and telling me it's a big 10 player.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I disagree. I think typically when they call it that far out there's more hand contact. He had his hands straight up as Hummel said on the broadcast. He did make a little body contact but usually you show the hands and they allow it
It's almost the complete opposite in real life college basketball. Players get away with hand checks other than obvious holds more often than not. Hip checks are a different story. The only ones that they usually get away with are when they occur off the ball.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The thought that Joe T would fit in perfectly at Drake has been 100% inescapable every single minute I've watched Joe T play.

It's borderline intolerable to discuss bball with my Hok friends until they get on that level when evaluating their role players. And I consider them very good friends.

If you're fine with not demanding more from your basketball program, that's perfectly acceptable to me.

But I refuse to nod along when you're putting lipstick on a pig and telling me it's a big 10 player.
He plays too hard/sloppy. There's some dog in him but I've seen him drive quite a bit and just lose control.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He has played in 11 games
This one surprises me. Fran has made a lot of use out of the redshirt strategy, and especially with bigs/project type players. Mulvey came in a year early too, might even still be 17 or just barely 18. Really surprised he didn't shut it down