Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
My favorite Steven Segal movie Under Siege was the name of it. Erika Eleniak was her name. Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey also starred as in it. Blood, guts, explosions and a lot of firearms!

Still have the VCR tape of it,
when she popped out of the cake. Nice.

And plenty of wildeyed Gary Busey going crazy. What an actor.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
PER ratings to ponder this year...

Entire season:
Keegan Murray - 41.8 (insane # there)
Kris Murray - 30.7 (insane # for a 'bench' player)
Pat McCaffe - 18.1

Conference play only:
Keegan Murray - 36.7 (still absurdly efficient on offense)
Kris Murray - 29.4 (insane # for a 'bench' player)
Pat McCaffe - 13.9

Big Ten minutes:

Kris/McCaffe
11/32 (this weekend's breakdown which made me double take and look all of this up)
29/20
21/26
10/22
17/24
17/24
total: 105/148

ISU's best bench player PER in conference is Jaz at 13.7...although this metric really doesn't say much about defense, just shows how absurdly odd it is to have a player who is that efficient on offense riding pine for a middling team, and it's not like Pat McC is some defensive stopper. Keegan should have played a lot more last year and Kris should obviously be playing more this year.

• Informative
Reactions: GoHawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm sorry but I was under the impression that the only thing you can do is play the schedule in front of you...
I’d love to have that schedule lol. From Dec. 10 - January 26 they’ve played one single Quad 1 team, that being Wisconsin.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
So this explains their poor attendance. :rolleyes:

My thought was maybe they did this to max overall attendance for the league. Give the low enders as few weekend games as possible.

That said, it does blow - 3 weekends and 7 weeknights?. If it was ISU in that spot, I'd be sizzled about it..

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
My thought was maybe they did this to max overall attendance for the league. Give the low enders as few weekend games as possible.

That said, it does blow - 3 weekends and 7 weeknights?. If it was ISU in that spot, I'd be sizzled about it..
If the first part is true, then Iowa and its fans have nobody to blame but themselves.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I feel like that happened to Iowa State a few years ago.

Yeah it sucks. Back in like the 19/20 season we only had like 4 conference home conference games but I don't remember it being a huge taking point.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Hmmm…. You don’t hear KKIrk complaining about not playing tOSU or Michigan on a regular basis. Why aren’t hawk fans complaining about that. I forgot Iowa has no say in that. How would this be any different.

What a difference a year makes. Didn’t here anyone complaining about scheduling last year. I guess Franny is trying to blame someone else for Iowa’s lack of talent this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn't realize that he was married to Kelly LeBrock. For some reason, I also thought that she starred in My Tutor but that was Caren Kaye. I guess my mind isn't pasting things together all that well since "the incident". Anyway, Caren Kaye also starred in 6 episodes of The Love Boat and was in a Happy Days spin-off that wasn't Luverne & Shirley or Joanie Loves Chachi.

I also initially read the one Under Siege post as Tommy Lee. He was a very prominent character in films in the 80's and 90's.

The incident is that I am over 50 and don't have a brain that functions very well.
Exactly where and what are you watching that has Tommy lee as a promenade movie individual?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I believe the answer to the scheduling question is no one gives a **** about Iowa and Northwestern.

They can't have it both ways. Iowa gets every team in the bottom half of the league twice except NW and as it stands right now the only team in the top half of the league they play twice is Illinois. You literally can't draw up an easier B1G schedule.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They can't have it both ways. Iowa gets every team in the bottom half of the league twice except NW and as it stands right now the only team in the top half of the league they play twice is Illinois. You literally can't draw up an easier B1G schedule.
They do get Purdue twice as well. But yeah not having to play Wisconsin and Michigan State twice is dumb.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron