Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
In 2015, we beat Tech by 37.. In 2017 we beat #8 Tech by 18.

I was in Lubbock for one of those games; the best road victory I witnessed in my 44-yr time as a Clone fan.

But according to some other poster , the only reason we beat TT is because it's our "Superbowl".

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was in Lubbock for one of those games; the best road victory I witnessed in my 44-yr time as a Clone fan.

But according to some other poster , the only reason we beat TT is because it's our "Superbowl".
We don't have a superbowl in basketball.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm invested in all our games. Starting my 45th year this Sept :) Yeah I do care and dumbfounded why you aren't.
We're all invested in all games. I'm just not going to diminish some of Prohm's accomplishments because he hasn't done well against Iowa. No different than I will not diminish Matt Campbell's accomplishments because he has never beaten Iowa.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Losing to Iowa in basketball does suck. It's one of the worst feeling games to lose honestly. But usually it's because if we do, we played poorly against a much worse and less talented team (wasn't the case last year). Recent examples would be 2016-17 and 18-19. I don't think it's the losing so much as it is the double digit debacles in which we make them look like a Fab 4 team to our McDermott era clones

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
We're all invested in all games. I'm just not going to diminish some of Prohm's accomplishments because he hasn't done well against Iowa. No different than I will not diminish Matt Campbell's accomplishments because he has never beaten Iowa.

I agree with this post pertaining to FB and this wasn't directed at you.
CMC has been competitive, even in the 4th Q and shouldda won two of those games; if we lose this year, I'll probably start thumb-sucking Twins excuses.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

This is where I'm at @Go2Guy

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The EIU players do seem like they care more about the game, they come out sky high and the ISU kids just seem to see it as another game. It would help if we did not start the game in a 10 point hole every time. I don't know, maybe hit a few shots and defend the 3 pointers at the start.

Maybe having so many Iowa kids on the roster gives them an edge to get up for the game more, I really have no clue.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The EIU players do seem like they care more about the game, they come out sky high and the ISU kids just seem to see it as another game. It would help if we did not start the game in a 10 point hole every time. I don't know, maybe hit a few shots and defend the 3 pointers at the start.

Maybe having so many Iowa kids on the roster gives them an edge to get up for the game more, I really have no clue.

lol...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree with this post pertaining to FB and this wasn't directed at you.
CMC has been competitive, even in the 4th Q and shouldda won two of those games; if we lose this year, I'll probably start thumb-sucking Twins excuses.
Yes, but again football is different than basketball. Anything can happen on an off night for your team or an unreal night by the other.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Lastly, I don't see any guys on the Iowa roster that are loaded with talent but just need to put it together to make a huge jump. There's a fair amount of room for Wieskamp to be better, but for the most part it seems like most of their guys are close to their ceilings. That's obviously a good thing and a compliment to their players,
I think this is being overlooked. Iowa may have already peaked the ability of their existing players so to expect them to take another step beyond past performance may be a tall order. If they get another year at that level, they will be good but will they be BETTER?
After last year, I don't think any ISU players have peaked yet . . . .