Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
As long as Prohm has NBA-type players, who can shake-n-bake off a screen,his O is ok,. Force us into a half-court set, with a short clock, and we struggle .

This is so full of holes it's not even funny. I mean you are completely omitting 3 NCAA tournament teams from your equation but hey if you want to run with two bad seasons as your baseline then you do you.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Cool. Steve Prohm has a winning record vs Chris Beard. What's your point?
That you're cool making tired, lame, "it's their Superbowl', excuses for us having a losing record vs Fran.
Take your thumb outta your mouth and fight like a Cyclone.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
This is so full of holes it's not even funny. I mean you are completely omitting 3 NCAA tournament teams from your equation but hey if you want to run with two bad seasons as your baseline then you do you.
I'm dealing with reality and 1-on-1 heads up competition. Beat Iowa,quit making excuses, then we can talk smack.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That you're cool making tired, lame, "it's their Superbowl', excuses for us having a losing record vs Fran.
He's 2-3 against Fran. I agree that's not good, but you're essentially boiling it all down to last year in which we were terrible. Win that, and he has a winning record.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
He's 2-3 against Fran. I agree that's not good, but you're essentially boiling it all down to last year in which we were terrible. Win that, and he has a winning record.

Did you miss the 4-outta-5 years with double dig losses? Not boiling it down to one season, or one game.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Obviously Iowa should be a very good team, but I think people are inflating Iowa's team from last year due to Garza's individual success. I'm not sure what they would've actually been seeded, but NET was #34, which equates to a 9 seed. Obviously they don't get strictly slotted, but I doubt a variance of more than a couple spots from NET.

Of course they have most everyone back, and getting Bohannon back helps, but I don't think there are any other additions of note.

If this was 20 years ago, I'd agree that teams that brought everyone back typically made a nice jump relative to the competition. That isn't so much the case any more. Transfers help teams reload with proven, experienced talent. Also, it used to be that only the top freshman were ready to come in and play well in major conferences. Now freshmen are way more ready to contribute as a whole. Lastly, I don't see any guys on the Iowa roster that are loaded with talent but just need to put it together to make a huge jump. There's a fair amount of room for Wieskamp to be better, but for the most part it seems like most of their guys are close to their ceilings. That's obviously a good thing and a compliment to their players, and Iowa will be a good team. But going from a 8-9 type seed to a top 5 team seems like a stretch.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Did you miss the 4-outta-5 years with double dig losses? Not boiling it down to one season, or one game.
Alright so now we've already lost the next game by double digits? Lol also I think you're missing out on a little bit of the context of the 2018-2019 game in which our 2nd best player wasn't even playing. Not saying we win that game but he sure would've helped out right?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I mean Bohannon said it was their Super Bowl but OK. Prohm is a better coach than Fran so not sure why you're trying to compare the two

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Obviously Iowa should be a very good team, but I think people are inflating Iowa's team from last year due to Garza's individual success. I'm not sure what they would've actually been seeded, but NET was #34, which equates to a 9 seed. Obviously they don't get strictly slotted, but I doubt a variance of more than a couple spots from NET.

Of course they have most everyone back, and getting Bohannon back helps, but I don't think there are any other additions of note.

If this was 20 years ago, I'd agree that teams that brought everyone back typically made a nice jump relative to the competition. That isn't so much the case any more. Transfers help teams reload with proven, experienced talent. Also, it used to be that only the top freshman were ready to come in and play well in major conferences. Now freshmen are way more ready to contribute as a whole. Lastly, I don't see any guys on the Iowa roster that are loaded with talent but just need to put it together to make a huge jump. There's a fair amount of room for Wieskamp to be better, but for the most part it seems like most of their guys are close to their ceilings. That's obviously a good thing and a compliment to their players, and Iowa will be a good team. But going from a 8-9 type seed to a top 5 team seems like a stretch.

This is spot on

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
For EIU to move up in the standings, they will have to improve on the defensive side of the ball unbelievably, and defense has never been the strong suit of any Mad Fran coached team.
Last year they were ranked around #100 for defensive efficiency, they are always going to be hurt in the defensive metrics because of their offensive style, but they just do not have enough athletic kids on the outside to shut down good 3 point shooters. Only once in 10 years has EIU's defense ranked below 50th.
What EIU does have is that every player knows his role, and his part in it, they are good at getting the ball into the paint, and if you leave anyone besides lit Fran open they can hit the 3. They really play well as a team, they just are not athletic enough for the better teams in the league, if that team is hitting their 3 point shots.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Texas Tech can't talk smack to us in CBB because Prohm has a winning record vs Beard!!!

You're avoiding the issue; yeah, Prohm is a better recruiter and program admin than Fran; Prohm can't hold a candle to CBeard and I predict won't have a winning record at the end.
You'll continue posting smack from here till Dec how bad Iowa is, but when it comes game-week, you'll predict they'll beat us. It's a tired act, but I know you get paid to drive traffic here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're avoiding the issue; yeah, Prohm is a better recruiter and program admin than Fran; Prohm can't hold a candle to CBeard and I predict won't have a winning record at the end.
You'll continue posting smack from here till Dec how bad Iowa is, but when it comes game-week, you'll predict they'll beat us. It's a tired act, but I know you get paid to drive traffic here.

What's the issue? Beard > Prohm > Fran

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And if we put beat-downs on Tech like Iowa has on us over last 5-years, there would not be a "TechTwins" posting smack or making excuses.
In 2015, we beat Tech by 37.. In 2017 we beat #8 Tech by 18.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa has handled us the last 3 times we've played them. It happens. I can show you games that other teams have handled us in. The Iowa game is highlighted because it's a rivalry game and we play them once a year compared to conference opponents where we get another shot to redeem ourselves. In that same time period we've handled quite a few other teams that are better than Iowa..

Why the inconsistency? Because we're talking about the game of basketball. Basketball and baseball are two games in which a ton of parody can happen. You can be the best shooter or the best hitter in the world and for some reason that night, the ball won't go in the hoop or the hard hit ball keeps going right to a fielder. That's why you play series of 7 in the pros and on the contrary what makes the NCAA tournament so frickin wild.